emote GUI wishes/suggestions

Home Forums Products Rackmount emote GUI wishes/suggestions

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      taylor12k
      Participant

anyone else find the browser text in eMote very difficult to read? the thin fonts on the dark background make it so.

would be great to use a thicker font or have different skin options.

i think the emote interface is the weakest part of the system and would love to see some improvements.

thanks for listening!

J20056
      Participant

Another request would be to show the name of the FX Chain(s) in the top section after it is saved

dbaylies
      Eventide Staff
      taylor12k wrote:
      the thin fonts on the dark background make it so. would be great to use a thicker font or have different skin options.

Could you give an example of a part of UI that has this text? We definitely want everything to be easily readable in Emote.

J20056
      Participant

TOP WHERE IT SAYS “FX CHAIN 1”

taylor12k
      Participant

while i’m at it… i also find the tabbing mechanics very confusing and almost arbitrary… when you click a tab in the alogirthm edit or session, or anywhere in the GUI the tabs open below.. sometimes moving others up, or pushing others down… and the areas jump around quite a bit… and i have no idea how to revert the tabs to all being closed.

simply having tabs with a single area underneath the tab bar where they open (thus not allowing multiple tabs open at once.. for better or worse..(?)) would be much more user friendly. the way Wavelab does it, or any web browser for that matter. you end up scrolling around trying to find the open tab you want which takes longer, i think, than if you could only have one open at once, but you always knew exactly where it was.

dbaylies
      Eventide Staff

This is all great feedback, thank you. We'll discuss this amongst ourselves, and try to figure out how to move forward. I've been having similar thoughts about the tabbing system, I definitely hear you there. Your sample font looks pretty good too, many thanks for the example.

As usual, we've gotta slot this stuff on our priority list, but I hope we can consider this relatively soon. Until then, it's endlessly helpful to hear feedback from users on this stuff.

joeydego
      Participant

Ive mentioned this before but the single best thing you can bring to emote is a more robust monitoring system for I/O levels. As it is now, we cant even open multiple windows of I/O. I’d be happy with a single window showing all available I/O if needbe. 

Also, latency numbers would be nice. 

taylor12k
      Participant

it’s not only that the thin font doesn’t always render nicely on a monitor but a large part of the illegibility is the fact that the numbers and the names are the same color and it all sort of blends in together.

a simple, thicker font, with different colored numbers, even at the same size, is far more legible and doesn’t have to be huge and horsey.

of course, i wear reading glasses.. .so, the problem could be entirely me!

here’s an example using Trade Gothic Bold font, taking up the same amount of room, but more legible.

dbaylies wrote:

taylor12k wrote:
      the thin fonts on the dark background make it so. would be great to use a thicker font or have different skin options.

Could you give an example of a part of UI that has this text? We definitely want everything to be easily readable in Emote.

taylor12k
      Participant

oh, i also tried some ALL CAPS vs. Sentence Case.. because sometimes all caps can be more difficult to read.

dbaylies wrote:

taylor12k wrote:

taylor12k
      Participant

thanks for listening, of course! and, of course, my opinions are only a single person. no need to waste your resources and time if i’m the only one with the “complaint” 🙂

dbaylies wrote:

This is all great feedback, thank you. We’ll discuss this amongst ourselves, and try to figure out how to move forward. I’ve been having similar thoughts about the tabbing system, I definitely hear you there. Your sample font looks pretty good too, many thanks for the example.

As usual, we’ve gotta slot this stuff on our priority list, but I hope we can consider this relatively soon. Until then, it’s endlessly helpful to hear feedback from users on this stuff.

FrauHolle

In my eyes it’s a good idea too, especially if the monitor is far away.

Another improvement could be to go back to traditional display of times (e.g. Delays) because it is “laborious” to confirm each delay time in surching for a suitable one. It would be a great help if the user can simply go through the times like with H8000FW or Eclipse…

Do you see a chance to change it?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.