Emote slow screen response on Mac

Home Forums Products Rackmount Emote slow screen response on Mac

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      moschops
      Participant

Hi,

First want to say what an AWESOME machine the H9000 is, I love what you can do with Emote, it’s so powerful and sounds several leagues above VST’s.

Biggest problem I have so far is how slow the Emote app scrolls, when you scroll up and down between folders in the parameters section, I’m getting serious de ja vous from scrolling the structure page on an H4000!

Im on a Mac, is this a known issue?

Im on 10.14.6

Thank you, well done and good luck with our crazy lockdown situation, I for one think it’s completely disproportionate to the problem.

John Baylies
      Participant

glad you love the H9000!

I can't reproduce your issue on macOS 10.13.6 …

Are you using the most recent release of Emote, 1.2.2[4] ? https://www.eventideaudio.com/support/downloads/emote-software-h9000-mac

moschops
      Participant

Yes using the latest Emote,

So it’s most noticable on the parameter pages, Im using the trackpad to scroll, maybe I should use a mouse?

There are no scroll bars that I can see?

bsfreq
      Participant

I experience the same slowness here on my Macbook Pro 2019 and Macbook Air 2015, both running Mac OS 10.14.6.
      Scrolling is really slow, and also in FX Chains- view the square following the active fx chain (when hovering with mouse) is really slow. Almost seems like running out of memory/CPU power, when this should not be the case.
      This doesn’t happen all the time, but really often and when emote starts being slow it doesn’t recover on its own.
      I also get some audio dropouts if using emote on MBP while running ableton. Perhaps some memory leak in emote program code?

John Baylies
      Participant

This is a known issue and is actively being worked on.

Thank you for your patience.

macgee
      Participant

@moschops

I saw you post and meant to share this – I use external monitor that at 1080 and Emote is better performant on that, guessing the HiRes stuff screens affect performance. I actually find this about logic and other apps too. I much prefer working at 1080 in general, especially if the machine doesn’t have GPU accelleration as the CPU just has to work harder, spinning up fans getting into recordings etc

Also, I prefer using older school roller mouse without inertia and can scroll long algos without a problem and in Vsig

I built my own monster algo, very long and with the 2 above things it helps a lot

I too wish for a Scroll bar in emote when working at hi res with those trackpads – clicking the headers can helps for navigation but doen’t remove need for scrolling 

the orville
      Participant

Just pitching in that I got my H9000R today and immediately noticed this issue. Latest version of Emote 1.2, OSX Mojave 10.14.6, 2018 MBP … Scrolling is terribly slow, CPU spikes to 100% when trying to scroll… This plus this bizarre tab situation which i assume is also a bug (see attached image) is making for a pretty unusable user experience …

floresp640
      Eventide Staff
      the orville wrote:

Just pitching in that I got my H9000R today and immediately noticed this issue. Latest version of Emote 1.2, OSX Mojave 10.14.6, 2018 MBP … Scrolling is terribly slow, CPU spikes to 100% when trying to scroll… This plus this bizarre tab situation which i assume is also a bug (see attached image) is making for a pretty unusable user experience …

Hello,

So sorry to hear that you are running into issues with Emote. We are looking into this and we were able to find a possible work around for the GUI lag and Cpu spikes. For this, go to your finder and under application, you should see Emote. Right click on Emote and select "Get Info". From there, a window will open which gives you the option to launch Emote ins 'Low Resolution'. Select this and it should help with the Lag and CPU Spikes. 

the orville
      Participant
      floresp640 wrote:

Hello,

So sorry to hear that you are running into issues with Emote. We are looking into this and we were able to find a possible work around for the GUI lag and Cpu spikes. For this, go to your finder and under application, you should see Emote. Right click on Emote and select “Get Info”. From there, a window will open which gives you the option to launch Emote ins ‘Low Resolution’. Select this and it should help with the Lag and CPU Spikes. 

Just gave this a shot – No change (for me, at least), unfortunately. Same lag, CPU spikes and tab behavior.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.