Emote Software Feature & UX Ideas + Requests

Home Forums Products Rackmount Emote Software Feature & UX Ideas + Requests

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      ssgrfk
      Participant

Hello.

Here are a few ideas i wrote down for UX enhancements to the Emote Software for the H9000

1. add a modifier key command for mouse control of parameters to enable a fine tune mode. So, for example, if you held down say COMMAND whilst adjusting a parameter with the mouse, the parameters value would change at 50% the usual speed. so you could fine tune parameters..  similar to the way Ableton LIVE works when you hold down COMMAND key and adjust a volume / send level etc..

2. make a default value for each parameter, for example, 0 DB for a volume fader, and make it so that double clicking on that fader sets the value of that parameter / fader to that default Value..  and possibly, add 2 or 3 default values so for example, every time you double click on a UX object like a fader, it cycles through these default values, so for example on the OUTPUT LEVELS fader, have it go from -24DB, 0DB, 24DB.. (although the 3 default values idea may turn out to be annoying in practice.. )

3. Please add / enable window application size memory. im forever resizing the Emote window on my Mac to make use of my large screen real estate. everytime Emote closes / crashes, i have to open and resize. which is a repetion you could easily automate.

thx

gkellum
      Participant

Cool, thanks for the feedback.  I just added those three suggestions to our ticketing system.  #3 in particular has been annoying me as well.

DeWalta
      Participant

Hi,

Two questions:
      1. Is it possible to assign the Direct I/O on a global level so that the soundcard/Interface functionality is always there and the machine passes audio from / to USB for eaxamp, no matter what session is currently loaded?

It makes sense to have a session for each song. If I always have to re-assign the I/Os for each session (existing or new) it takes a good while to just get the H9k to pass audio when used as a soundcard. If I could pre-assign the I/Os once on a global level and it would be pre-programmed in every existing and new session, Audio world pass directly out of the box first thing. If then EFX chains are desired the I/Os would them simply have to be re-assigned during the EFX programming.

2. when using the vst to program the h9k I was not able to get total recall to work. If the session was not saved on the device it won’t be saved within the VST neither, correct?
      Loading the session in the DAW won’t load the according session on the h9k automatically?

ndoe22
        Participant
        DeWalta wrote:
        Hi,

Two questions:
        1. Is it possible to assign the Direct I/O on a global level so that the soundcard/Interface functionality is always there and the machine passes audio from / to USB for eaxamp, no matter what session is currently loaded?

It makes sense to have a session for each song. If I always have to re-assign the I/Os for each session (existing or new) it takes a good while to just get the H9k to pass audio when used as a soundcard. If I could pre-assign the I/Os once on a global level and it would be pre-programmed in every existing and new session, Audio world pass directly out of the box first thing. If then EFX chains are desired the I/Os would them simply have to be re-assigned during the EFX programming.

2. when using the vst to program the h9k I was not able to get total recall to work. If the session was not saved on the device it won’t be saved within the VST neither, correct?
        Loading the session in the DAW won’t load the according session on the h9k automatically?

I think I have mentioned this before but the global I/o is a must.

ssgrfk
      Participant

a Global I/O setting / option is a feature i also think would be a great help

ndoe22
      Participant
      ssgrfk wrote:

Hello.

Here are a few ideas i wrote down for UX enhancements to the Emote Software for the H9000

1. add a modifier key command for mouse control of parameters to enable a fine tune mode. So, for example, if you held down say COMMAND whilst adjusting a parameter with the mouse, the parameters value would change at 50% the usual speed. so you could fine tune parameters..  similar to the way Ableton LIVE works when you hold down COMMAND key and adjust a volume / send level etc..

2. make a default value for each parameter, for example, 0 DB for a volume fader, and make it so that double clicking on that fader sets the value of that parameter / fader to that default Value..  and possibly, add 2 or 3 default values so for example, every time you double click on a UX object like a fader, it cycles through these default values, so for example on the OUTPUT LEVELS fader, have it go from -24DB, 0DB, 24DB.. (although the 3 default values idea may turn out to be annoying in practice.. )

3. Please add / enable window application size memory. im forever resizing the Emote window on my Mac to make use of my large screen real estate. everytime Emote closes / crashes, i have to open and resize. which is a repetion you could easily automate.

thx

I vote for all three of these ASAP! these are pretty basic/standard functions on every other program.

macgee
      Participant

1) If you get the beta v1.1, that version of version of Emote, cmd drag a dial does allow you to fine tune so that’s solved

2) This does work with alt clicking however there is a small bug that means sometimes it will reset to a different value but and I’ve alterted Eventide to it so they’re aware.

3) Would be useful and adding a vote to this – not sure if you’ve heard ot bettertouchtool? gives you window snapping on macwhich is very useful across the entire OS

https://www.dropbox.com/s/na99tjtoqqfgaf5/WindowSnapping.mov?dl=0

ssgrfk
      Participant

this is After upgrading to the 1.1.5 beta OS.

It would be good to have INSERT Fx Chain as an option in EMOTE. im able to do this from the H9000 front panel but not Emote.. as far as i know..

thx

ssgrfk
      Participant

The Emote Disconnects on Mac are becoming mildly irritating . . and this is after having changed my Mac’s sleep settings so as to not go to sleep during use..

thx

ssgrfk
      Participant

Hi.

Some kind of global MAPPING page would be a welcome addition to Emote.

Im often mapping out more than 16 parameters of 4 seperate algorithms to a USB midi controller and it’s quite easy to loose track of whats mapped to what and im often switching screens bbetween the algrothithms to stay on top of it..

Also, any FX chains or other files, when saved to a Mac OSX file system, could use an ICON graphic.

thx!

ssgrfk
      Participant

Hello

Some kind of Micro Metering inside an FX chain on a per algorithm basis would be handy too, as when layering up 4 algorithms in an FX chain its easy to distort things and being able to see which / where in the FX chain, levels may be going out of desired areas would be handy

jbamberg
        Eventide Staff
        ssgrfk wrote:

Some kind of Micro Metering inside an FX chain on a per algorithm basis would be handy too, as when layering up 4 algorithms in an FX chain its easy to distort things and being able to see which / where in the FX chain, levels may be going out of desired areas would be handy

Thanks for these suggestions.

Our original UI sketches for emote included little traffic light style meters on the inputs and outputs of algorithms, but we didn't end up implementing this.  It's something we'll definitely consider for a future update though.

Your other idea for a master mappings page is also a good one.  We'll think about how to do that too, perhaps as part of the Scenes functionality in emote.

ndoe22
        Participant
        jbamberg wrote:
        ssgrfk wrote:

Thanks for these suggestions.

Our original UI sketches for emote included little traffic light style meters on the inputs and outputs of algorithms, but we didn't end up implementing this.  It's something we'll definitely consider for a future update though.

Your other idea for a master mappings page is also a good one.  We'll think about how to do that too, perhaps as part of the Scenes functionality in emote.

Maybe some sort or micro macro meterinnon the meter page if not. So you can see all the level at once would be nice.

I like idea of the mapping suggestion too it does get a little cluttered trying to remember where stuff is mapped. Maybe a text would appear on the macro page about where stuff is mapped or an option to see of the soft keys

ssgrfk
      Participant

Hi.

That metering traffic light idea sounds ideal regarding my per algorithm metering requirement.

and on a Global Mapping page, utilities like ‘Delete all’ and the usual time saving features that software offer would be great.

the Remembering / Respawning of the App on a Mac at 00×00 window pixle size, as in the last size the app was run at would be great too. as if you’re using a large screen i assume you may be resizing the window as step one when you launch the app

thx

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.