Error message when “copying”

Home Forums Products Rackmount Error message when “copying”

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      cosmiclug

I've just got my new Eclipse from American Musical Supply.

I want to copy Preset # 274 to User Preset 01. When I do so, all seems to be fine (I select "Utility", then "Copy" – I select the Preset I want (SRC FROM – SRC TO), etc.

I can copy this preset (no problem), however – when I go to select this Preset at 01, I receive an error message saying it cannot load it.

I initialize my Eclipse to take it back to the Factory settings, and tried this again – no luck, same error message when loading 01.

Can I NOT copy this Preset and Load this Preset to the copy location because of what and where it is originally?

Is there an Error Code index so I can see what the problem is (according to the error code)?

Many thanks for your help.

~ J

IDeangelis

Hello

I have tried what you describe and get the same result. It's definitely a bug we'll have to look into. Current work_around is to load preset 274 then save it to memory #1. Reload works fine. Thank you for this report.

All the best

Italo

cosmiclug

Ok, that works. However, when I copy a preset to anywhere in the 1-99 range, my midi controller cannot find it. Here's what I mean:

I have my midi controller set up on the same channel as my Eclipse. The midi controller is able to access the Eclipse and make changes. However, if I tell my midi controller to access Preset #1, it goes to Preset # 101. I'd be happy to work around this by saving the #274 Preset to #101, but the Eclipse will not let me. It will only allow me to SAVE a Preset to # 1- 99.

The COPY function allows you to COPY a preset to ANY preset number, but as you know this does not work with multi-algorithm Presets.

What can I do to gain access (via midi) to Presets 1-99?

Thank you,

Joel

IDeangelis

Joel

Eclipse uses MIDI Maps. It has 3 of them, fully customizable. You'll find them under SETUP > MAPS.

Factory defaults are:

Map 1 _ ProgChanges 0>127 recall presets 100 > 227

Map 2_  ProgChanges 0>127 recall presets 0 >127

Map 3_ProgChanges 0>127 recall presets 500 and higher (these are stored on a card)

Choose the right Map for you.

best

I

cosmiclug

Excellent information.

Thank you!

Joel

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.