Error on power up – “Unsuitable preset code….”

Home Forums Products Rackmount Error on power up – “Unsuitable preset code….”

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      homer
      Participant

Hi Italo,

today I bought a used DSP7000, took it home and powered it up. Everything was fine for about 10-15min. When I tried to change the preset the unit suddendly crashed with some cryptic error code saying I had to reboot by pressing a key.(BTW it was "allan Chorus"). 

So I did what I was told – unfortunately the system will not power up anymore or to be precise: as soon as the OS startup screen (V.3.002) is shownn the unit freezes and displays the error message:" Unusitable preset code installed – Contact factory" . It doesn't react to any procedures that are described in the manual to reset it etc…

I tried to find some relevant information in the old newsgroup and there was somebody having the same issue with his Orville but there was no solution published.

Please help!

Regards

John 

IDeangelis

Hi John

you can try unloading the preset by powering the unit on and press & hold the PROGRAM key when you read DSP7000 on the display.

Other options are executing a system reinit (power on w/8 key) and reinstall the current OS.

Let me know if any of these worked/helped.

all the best

homer
      Participant

Hi Italo,

sorry but none of the key options will do the job…Looks like I have to reinstall the OS. Unfortunately I don' t have a backup of the OS…Could you provide a weblink to download it directly (3.02) or could you email it?

Regards 

IDeangelis

You need to register the unit to gain access to OS download.

I'm trying to get OS V3.002 posted as soon as possible for you (and others).

best

Italo 

homer
      Participant

Hi Italo,

sorry but I did register the unit…have a look for yourself again…

So in fact the unit is already registered. Now what does it mean when you say you will try to post it asap? Will it be today, tomorrow or ??

At least it would be fine if you could send it over to me for now, just send it to the email account provided in my registration. Sorry if this sound a little bit straightforward but I need that unit working asap…

Thanks Italo!

Regards 

IDeangelis

John

if the unit was registered before the new Eventide website, it would be necessary to register it again. That's the only way you can get the OS.

In the meantime we are trying to upload the latest DSP7000/7500 OSs in the Dsp7000 page for you. They should be up as soon as possible…but you need to register or you won't be able to get the update.  Sorry for the troubles.

homer
      Participant

Sorry again Italo

but I did register the unit here on the new eventide website under this particular account name the very moment I signed in first time about 1 hour ago…At least when I take a look at my profile I can see the unit under MY PRODUCTS. Given the serial number it was recognized as a DSP7000 so honestly I can not figure out why you can not see it….Some technical issues???

Please check my account again and just tell me in case you still can not see it. I will gladly forward you a screenhot..

It's a bit bizarre…

Regards

IDeangelis

Ok. You'll have to wait until they upload the OS in the 7000/7500

homer
      Participant

Hi Italo,

bought a USB-serial cable and installed the 3.003 that you made available on the eventide webpages…As I already mentionned before none of the power up methods did work in that situation, only the update was the key. The process went flawless and the DSP7000 is up and running again as it should. BTW: Do you have a clue what causes this kind of lock ups? It would be good to know just to avoid such a situation in the future…

Anyway Italo, thanks a lot! I was especially impressed by the way you managed to provide this update on the website so fast. Great job!! I am happy again ;-))

Take care…. 

IDeangelis

John

keep an eye on your 7000 and let me know if everything goes smooth in the next weeks.

Thanks for your comment. It's been a team work here, with a very fast webmaster and efficient engineering. Glad to provide a good service.

cheers

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.