EVE/Net No longer available on H8000FW!

Home Forums Products Rackmount EVE/Net No longer available on H8000FW!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Sonic Nomad
      Participant

Hi Italo,

I got the  EVE/Net controller  just four months ago and it's worked fine till now. But today when I switched on my H8000 FW the EVE/Net shows the OFF-Line message!

Upon pressing the H8000's setup button several times to get to the EVE/NET screen I find there is no such screen!!!!

YES! SO WHAT I'M SAYING IS THE EVE/NET OPTION UUNDER SETUP NO LONGER EXIST!!!

I feel like sobbing……

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

There, there, don't cry. Everything will be fine.

The Eve/net menu only appears when the H8000 recognises its internal evenet hardware, so it would appear that this is not happening.

If you feel confident enough, you could open up the box and check that U106 is firmly socketed – this is the large square chip near the red and green leds at the front of the motherboard.

If this doesn't fix it or you'd sooner not, it will need to come for service. 

Sonic Nomad
      Participant

Nick, 

Thanks for the comfort..oh! and the support.

Turns out U106 was not firmly seated. All is well now.

I was fearing the worst as the unit has recently returned from a trip to the states and sending it there from where I am in Africa is both costly and a customs nightmare.

Odd that the chip would do this as the unit is rackmounted and does not get moved around. 

David 

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Glad all is well….

We have had occasional reports of U106 escapes, and it was the most likely cause of your problem.

You say that the unit just returned from a trip .. so probably it got banged about, which is what loosened the chip.

Our latest production has dots of silicone glue to keep the part in the socket which would be worth considering if it will be doing more travelling.

Sonic Nomad
      Participant

Yeah this one has the four silicone dot of glue on it. Confused

Will keep an eye on it though. 

Once again thanks for a great product and the support.

David 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.