Eve/Net not working with two units

Home Forums Products Rackmount Eve/Net not working with two units

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      sprawl

Hi,

i’m trying to set up my two Orvilles to be operated by a single Eve/Net remote.

I own one Orville/R and another regular one.

I connected the remote with an RJ45 T adapter so the units are connected in a chain and pulled out the fuse and the two jumpers of the first one in the chain like the manual instructs. Unfortunately after switching the units on this will kill the fuse in unit 2 and leave the remote inoperable.

I bought a few of these T adapters and openend one to make sure they are wired straight through with all 8 pins connected. 

All cables are CAT-5 and work when only connecting one unit to the remote.

I’ve tried connecting both Orvilles independantly and both work with the remote.

What am i doing wrong?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sounds like you are doing the right things.

Can you make sure that all cables work with either unit connected singly. You say you've done this, but please double check.

What fuses are you using ?

sprawl

HI,

i double checked all three cables again. They work fine with both units. I also checked the colors of the individual lines on the plugs. They line up as they should.

The original fuses that were in the units read T1AL250V. I killed both of them on my first two tests and was worried i had killed the remote. 

I now replaced them with F1AL250V fuses. I’m not sure what’s the difference but they seem to work fine when only one unit is connected to the remote.

I attached an image of the T adapters i used and how i wired them up. These should work i think?

Thanks for the help!

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

I'm running out of ideas here.

Can you confirm that neither Orville will drive the Evenet console without a fuse ?

Note that you should be using the T1 fuses – these are slow blow. The F1 is more likely to blow on a short surge.

In case it is a power on surge, might be worth looking for a 2A fuse.

Or, try powering on the unit with the fuse first unconnected, then plug in the other parts one by one, just to see if it makes a difference.

sprawl

Hi,

thank you for getting back to me.

I just got it to work. laugh

I tried the Eve/Net without a fuse in any unit and obviously it did not work.  

I also tried a 2A fuse without luck. That one blew as well. 

So basically we tested everything except that cheap T adapter!

I bought three of them because why not. They were cheap. One of them i openend up to check the connections. Another one i used to connect the remote with the two Orvilles.

I was under the impression they were identical. They are not. One of them is bad. I just tried the third one and it works! There must be a short in the other one.

I should have checked that earlier…

Thanks a lot for your help. 

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Huh – never occurred to me either. Glad you fixed it.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.