EVE/NET problem

Home Forums Products Rackmount EVE/NET problem

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      nickrose
      Eventide Staff

It would be helpful if you could be very specific.

The Eve/Net Console has two totally independent subsystems – one drives just the eight illuminated encoders, the other drives the screen and everything else.

If just the eight encoders work, and nothing else, that gives a clue.

skywriter
      Participant

HI Nick it’s just as I said,
      1) the rotary encoders including the large one works.
      2) The video screen works and the LED’s reflect the mainframe.
      3) However, none of the buttons at all have any effect on the mainframe state; no bypass, select, programs, arrow keys, etc…

skywriter
      Participant

Another detail that remained unsaid, the complete mainframe works regardless of whether the EVE/NET is plugged in. The video information slaved to the EVE/NET is correct, and the rotary encoder data is accurate and correct. The only part that fails to work are the EVE/NET buttons, each and every one.

Thank you!

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sounds like a hardware fault in the switch scanning circuit – you'll probably want to send it in. support@eventide.com

skywriter
      Participant

Thank you nick!

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

These units are usually pretty reliable. There is a connector between the main processor board and the front panel board – if you are handy you could take it apart and wiggle the connectors. But, if the front panel leds are good, it's probably something else.

skywriter
      Participant

Just encountered a new problem. Only a few controls work now: rotary encoders, small and large. The rest of the buttons don’t effect the state of the mainframe. All outputs common between the EVE/NET and H8000FW seem to be consistant. So the failure seems to be confinded to a button state processor of some sort.I know these are now out of repair now. Just condering if anyone had a similar circumstance…

thanks

john

skywriter
      Participant

Hi Nick, being a 35+ year professional engineeer, my first inclination was too take It apart. Alas, there was nothing that seemed amiss with the assembly.

skywriter
      Participant

Just to update the thread – I’ve taken the problem to the first level of email support. I really need the EVE/NET. I keep a pair of side-wise tall rack mount cabinets to set a production desk on. In those racks, I’ve located my necessary rack mount gear that also has remote’s. – I don’t know who would want to use a piece of rack mount gear sideways. I would have to dislodge 4U of equipment (High wattage ‘wins’ a pair of empty adjacent slots to dump heat into) in my normally oriented rack space.

So thanks for any interest – hopefully good news is still available. It can’t run out as if there are no more component types of problems. I didn’t notice anything non-irreproducible.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.