Eventide DSP4000 Ram problem

Home Forums Products Rackmount Eventide DSP4000 Ram problem

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      drevo

Hi.

Bad checksum errors in internal ram reported during startup . 

I saw your solution on forum, but I dont know the way how to do it. It is just blue window and there: Problem in internal Ram bad checksum. Under this is * continue*. And yes I can go to the programs but how to fix this error from the start. Any idea???Thanx.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Look at User Manual, p.146 – Fixing Internal Memory Problems.

If it keeps happening after you fix it, it suggests that the internal battery needs replacing.

Burger

i have the same problem,but can’t access to the programs..when i choose “continue” the display show : load program but nothing happens !

if it is the battery, where can i find one? didn’t see one on the site..

or should i send the unit to eventide for repair? 

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

You have to replace a chip that contains a battery. But, it is socketed, so you can do it yourself.

Getting the part is a little harder – since they are obsolete, we do not carry them. (Note that the 4000 is 20 years old at this time).

Happily, they are available on the surplus market, from some distributors, and Amazon lists them as well. You will need a BQ4013YMA-120. These are normally around $40 each (avoid cheap ones). Digikey has DS1245Y-120+ at $40, which will also work.

To install, disconnect the power and remove the top of the unit. It should be obvious what you have to do (carefully). Avoid static damage and be careful not to bend the pins.

If you don't want to do it yourself, I'll get hold of some and we can change it for the normal service charge. I would not be keen to put them on the Store, cos they would be expensive and easily damaged.

Burger

a friend who own a dsp4000 too just told me that there is another procedure:

press the “8” key while powering up until the unit has restart and it will re-initialize the system.

i tryed it and… it works !!!!!! didn’t know about this.

but i’m a bit affraid now, i think i will sell it before the batterie really dies! and buy an eclipse .

would like the h8000 but can’t afford it.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.