Eventide Eclipse – Help needed activating a User Scale…!

Home Forums Products Rackmount Eventide Eclipse – Help needed activating a User Scale…!

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      broes
      Participant

I’m struggling with an diatonic shift algorithm on the Eventide Eclipse and hopefully anybody out there can help me on the Eclipse user scale?

How can I activate it?

How to connect it to a diatonic shifter/separate voice?

How to switch between User Scale 1 and User Scale 2 if necessary?

Reading the algorithm document didn’t help me. I tried the mentioned “examples” but no adaption in the harmonizing.

I tried <Key> with D, <Scale> with Ionian or chromatic, <Quant> with 100% or 200%, <Pitch1> on +3rd and on <UsrScale> set D to +650 cents (to make sure I’ll notice the change). Nothing happened, playing an D still adds the Major 3rd.

A few years ago I did the same successfully on a tc electronic G-Force but if I remember correctly the User Scale was an explicit scale to choose. If chosen than you had to adjust the harmonizing for each note. On the Eventide Eclipse there’s no possibility to choose User Scale on <Scale>.

Enclosed the paragraph out of the manual.

UsrScale

Two user scales may be defined here. User scale 1 and User scale 2 are selected for each voice with the Pitch x parameter (see above). The User Scale 1 and User Scale 2 settings appear at the end of the list of the Pitch x controls.

C, C#, etc

Sets the interval to be shifted for each note in the selected scale.

The incoming note is always conformed to the selected key and scale before looking up the shift interval in the User Scale settings.

The actual audio will not be conformed to the chosen scale unless the Quant parameter is enabled.

On any note, if no harmony is desired simply set that interval to 0 cents.

To emulate the H3000 User define scales, be sure to select the chromatic scale.

For example, if you set E to +300 cents and F to +500 cents with the scale set to chromatic, when you trill between E and F, the Eclipse will trill between G and Bb.

If you set E to +300 cents and F# to +500 cents with the scale set to D major and quantization at 0%, when you trill between E and F, the Eclipse will trill between G and Bb (F is quantized to F# before looking up the user interval), and when you trill between F and F#, Eclipse will trill between Bb and B.

If you set E to +300 cents and F# to +500 cents with the scale set to D major and quantization set to 100%, when you trill between E and F, the Eclipse will trill between G and B (F is quantized to F# before looking up the user interval, and shifted up to F# before applying the user defined interval), and when you trill between F and F#, Eclipse will produce a B for both input notes.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Stefan

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.