Eventide GTR 4000 manual(s), options, etc…

Home Forums Products Rackmount Eventide GTR 4000 manual(s), options, etc…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      evansE2

I am looking for some info on what to check for, for when my Eventide GTR4000 arrives. I recently bought one and I will receive it shortly. I want some advice on what things need to be updated, checked, etc,  if even necessary. I only play for my own personal satisfaction, and want some advice,

1. I need  free manual(s) for the unit.
      2. Advice on where to get a good sized memory card.
      3. Advice on updating to the latest firmware or best version to have.
      4. The whereabouts of some options, etc that can be had for the unit, and help in attaining some by generous donation if possible. ( Ex. extra guitar presets, etc…)
      5. Where to get XLR to 1/4 cords, and where to use them… meaning where to place the unit in conjunction with my Marshall 8240 Stereo Chorus amp.

My email is:   furlong_william@hotmail.com

If anyone can help me out, let me know. I want to experience the potential of the unit, but need help attaining some potential upgrades, etc.

William.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Look at the DSP4000 series support page:

http://www.eventide.com/AudioDivision/Support/Harmonizers%20and%20Rack%20Products/DSP4000%20Series.aspx

Non-free manuals and other stuff are available at the Eventide Store.

evansE2

thanks for the help, but i was looking to find someone willing to share such a manual for free, or direct me to a link where i could get one free.

t_tangent
      Participant

There are a lot of useful files such as tips and tricks, preset files and vsigfile library for the 4000 series etc, which can be found at http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/eventidehelps/?yguid=324209177

Let me know how you get on. You'll need to create a yahoo account and then send a request to join the Eventide Helps group, so try that first.

Cheers

t_tangent
      Participant

Or try this which seems to bring up quite a bit of info.

http://forum.eventide.com/cs/search/SearchResults.aspx?q=gtr4000&PageIndex=1

evansE2

Got my manual….now if I could find a memory card….the lagest it will support ….and if you know anyone that may have any preset cards for theis unit to expand its presets in the unit already, let me know….I want to max the unit out. It is a GTR 4000….no sampler board either. 

I also want to know what is the most current of the firmware or software the unit should have…..any info would be greatly appreciated….remember…I want to max my unit out…

William.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

These units are now mostly over 15 years old, so we have little information on them and can offer little support, apart from factory repairs.

The latest software will be between 2.150 and 2.200. These are plug-in chips, not downloads. We no longer have any software or other upgrades for these units.

There are a number of memory cards on eBay  between $50 and $100. Do a search for "pcmcia sram card" – it must be type I sram (static ram), NOT flash or ATA.

t_tangent
      Participant

No No No……Don't mention it !!!!

evansE2

After deciding to keep my GTR 4000, I am ready to buy a memory card for it. I found one on eBay. I had a question concerning the size it will support. I hear tell they only support up to 4MB…is this true ?

I am looking at an Epson 2 MB SRAM Type 1 memory card. Will this size be able to hold numerous patches on it, so I can modify them and save them, and if so, how many approximately ?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

You are correct about the 4M limit.

A 2M SRAM Type I should be OK. These are not usually cheap. Its main function would be for loading and saving patches, so it should fit your purpose

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.