Eventide GTR4000 expression pedal problem

Home Forums Products Rackmount Eventide GTR4000 expression pedal problem

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Soulheal

Hi All,

I am having trouble getting my Mission 25k expressionator pedal to modify parameters of patches, such as delay and reverb length. When i plug it in the pedal jack on the back and depress the pedal i am only able to change to the next program in the bank. 

Does anyone know how to program the expression pedal to adjmust parameters? Spent about 3 hours on it last night with no success. Not able to find any specific info for this procedure in the manual

Thanks, and hope you are staying cool on this hot day.

Will

Just as an addition, I am using a TRS cable and am using the expression pedal through an Expressionator.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

To start with, connect the pedal directly to the GTR. Don't use the Expressionator until everything is working.

Then, "Clear internal programs and setup." (See UM for details).

Make sure your pedal is connected to the right jack – it sounds like you may be using the "Foot Switch" input, rather than the "Foot Pedal."

For information on remoting parameters, look in the UM under "Parameter area" for "Midi Control" (page 35 in the release 7 version on the Web Site). Controlling a parameter by MIDI is essentially the same as using a pedal. Also look at "External Controls"  on the following page.

Soulheal

Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply. I do have the TRS cable in the pedal jack. I can see why you might think it was in the footswitch because the expressioin pedal was changing programs when depressed. I didn’t command the foot pedal input to do anything before it started changing programs. I will try plugging it in without the expressioinator and clear the internal memory. Hopefully this will do the trick.

Best Regards,

Will Webster

nickrose
        Eventide Staff
        soulheal wrote:

Thanks for your quick reply. I do have the TRS cable in the pedal jack. I can see why you might think it was in the footswitch because the expressioin pedal was changing programs when depressed. I didn't command the foot pedal input to do anything before it started changing programs. I will try plugging it in without the expressioinator and clear the internal memory. Hopefully this will do the trick.

Since a few people ar having trouble with GTR4000 pedals we looked into it and this is what we found.

The GTR4000 (and DSP4000) are so old that they need a type of pedal which is not common today.

They want a TRS cable, where the ring goes to one end of the track, the tip goes to the slider and the ground to the other end of the track.

They will not work directly with something like the EB VPjr, which has input and output jacks, nor a pure 2-wire expression pedal.

You can use them with the EB if you buy a Y-cable which has stereo (TRS) at one end, and two mono (TS) jacks at the other. Connect the TRS to the GTR, and the tip lead to the OUT jack, the ring lead to the IN jack.

Note that this pedal requirement is different from our stompboxes, which require a 2 wire (TS) expression pedal.

We can't give advice for other pedals – you must talk to their manufacturers and give them this information.

Soulheal

I am having trouble finding a footswitch that works with the GTR4000. Does anybody know a particular brand or model of latching footswitch that goes with the footswitch input on the back of the GTR4000 series? I’m basicaly interested in the kill switch bypass function.

Thanks,

Will

nickrose
        Eventide Staff
        soulheal wrote:

I am having trouble finding a footswitch that works with the GTR4000. Does anybody know a particular brand or model of latching footswitch that goes with the footswitch input on the back of the GTR4000 series? I'm basicaly interested in the kill switch bypass function.

Pretty much any switch should work – but you should use a momentary rather than a latching type.

Soulheal

Thanks for your response. A momentary switch, I see…. Will give it a shot.

Best Regards.

Will

Soulheal

Hi,

I have had some success with the Mission 25kEP. They recommended that particular model for the GTR4000.

Thanks,

Will

Soulheal

I am currently using a Boss FS-6 with my gtr4000 and it seems to be communicating well with the unit. However, I am having trouble programming the signals correctly. All I want to use the switch for at this point is to bypass the unit. It seems like the commands from the footswitch are cycling through the tip and ring settings and I end up having to hold the momentary switch down to keep audio on and I have to press the footswitch a couple times to get to bypass. Anybody know how to make the footswitch input perform solely as a bypass?

Thanks,

Will

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.