Eventide GTR4000 midi control problem

Home Forums Products Rackmount Eventide GTR4000 midi control problem

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Soulheal

I can’t seem to program my GTR4000 to recieve midi commands from my Molten Voltage Master Control midi controller. Can anyone out there assist me in this process?

The only result I have had so far is that the Eventide display will read “effect loading” when I press 1-8 on the side controllers for the midi device, but the effect will remain the same no matter what button i press. The up and down buttons on the midi device have no effect at all on the Eventide.

Hope someone out there has been through this.

Thanks,

Will

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

You should study Chapter 6 in the User Manual, especially the section "MIDI Program Change."

The main issue is that MIDI Program Change will only load things in the current bank.

The H8000 has MIDI Maps that allow loading any Program from MIDI, but the 4000's do not.

Soulheal

Thanks for your timely advice.

I have been reading chapter 6 in the manual over and over and am not making any progress.

I am attempting to find out what i can control with my midi controller and what has to be done manually.

I understand that i can only change the program in a single bank.

Could you provide me with some specific steps to take as an exercise in being able to ‘switch to next program’ within a particular bank of effects?

I hope this may be able to point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Will

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

I'm sorry – I have to again point you to the User Manual. Look at the "Program Change" section, and in addition, all references to "nextprog."

We are not set up to give individual tuition, which is why we put a lot of work into writing the manuals. These are sophisticated units, and need a bit of study at first.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.