Eventide H8000Fw “bangs” on big verbs

Home Forums Products Rackmount Eventide H8000Fw “bangs” on big verbs

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      E.M Pulinx

hi!

I suffer until now of big "bangs" when I play on big verbs; I can't play with big verbs in concerts because of that.

Last year, you thought  that it was a hardware prob that would need some chips on the motherboard to be change.

End of may 2013, I had one of your techs on  my private mail ; he said  rather  crudely that was nothing to do: he  would never get those chips! For him, the situation was hopeless..

Does the situation remained the same, or can you now find those chips ?

cheers

EMP 

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Hi EMP – sorry you are having trouble.

Can you confirm that the problem occurs only on specific reverbs (please give the numbers) and only on DSP A ? If this is the case, suggest you put these reverbs on DSP B.

The chips are not made any more and are very hard to find. But, you have been suffering for a long time so we would like to help you. You would have to return your unit to Eventide in the US. Would you want to do this ? If so, please contact support@eventide.com, referring to this post.

E.M Pulinx

no,Nick

I followed what you said 2 years ago, and I placed Black hole on disp B.

So,the bang does occur much less than on Disp A ,but it occurs from time to time.

As I employ only "black hole "as my main  long verb,I can say if it does occur on another long verb.

I can only say that the bang never does appear on short verbs.

As I need my H8000 everday, should it be not possible to send the chip,if it does exist? I have good teches over here!

Cheers EMP

E.M Pulinx

Hi Nick

I followed what you said two years ago, and placed Black hole on disp B.

the bang still comes,but more rarely

I does only employ Black hole as big verb.I don't know for the others long verbs.

The short verbs have no bangs.

As I do have good techs here in Belgium,could you send the chip ,if you find one ?

cheers

EMP

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Hi EMP

There are 6 chips that may need replacing. These are all surface mount parts, which can damage the motherboard if badly removed. We need to take measurements to see which need to be replaced, and to confirm replacement. Since these parts are so precious, we don't want to change more than we have to.

So, it really needs to come here.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

nickrose:

So, it really needs to come here.

The chips are really precious and they don't all work, so we have to check each one – it's not just a matter of changing them.

E.M Pulinx

OK Nick

I  fully understand.

I must see when it should be possible to me to send my principal effect unit -maybe for weeks- to the USA.I'll take contact with you then.

cheers

EMP

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.