Eventide H9000 Custom Scales & Preset Change Drop Outs?

Home Forums Products Rackmount Eventide H9000 Custom Scales & Preset Change Drop Outs?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      StevePearce

Hi – I have a H8000 (s/n 666) and I would like to know if the H9000 has custom scales capability in its release?

Also, does it have audio droputs when changing presets? I have to use midi virtual rack presets to avoid audio dropouts. Is it the same with the H9000?

Has the H9000 been improved regarding custom scales tracking and realism? If not ,is it just a hardware update to the H8000 where the algos are exactly the same regarding custom scales capability and sound

I’m interested to update but I want to know what I gain in these areas as I’m a guitarist who uses the H8000 in my guitar only rack.

Thanks in advance.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

The first release probably will not have custom scales. Sorry.

StevePearce

Thanks for responding.

I have to say without Custom Scales it’s a 100% deal breaker for me.

This means I will not be purchasing a H9000 and will be keeping s/n 666 H8000.

I must say I’m surprised and very disappointed as it’s 2018 and this feature should be totally standard for the H9000 considering Eventide was the first with Custom Scales way back.

AAgnello
      Eventide Staff

Understood. To be clear, our H9000 development efforts are aimed at creating our next generation platform. There are several motivations for this not the least of which is moving from dedicated DSP chips to general purpose processors; specifically ARM . And one reason this is important is that the development tools for ARM processors are much more advanced than the ones that exist for DSP chips. We believe that developing future audio algorithms will be easier on ARM than they have been on DSP. We've felt this way for decades but general purpose processors are not as efficient for the kinds of things we do. Today the sheer raw processing power of ARM chips makes the relative inefficiency of the architecture a moot point and we're excited to be able to use modern development tools from this point on. The migration has not been easy. We're a small team and this was the largest project that we've ever taken on and, while we're getting awfully close, we're still not quite there.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.