Eventide H9000 Loud Fan

Home Forums Products Rackmount Eventide H9000 Loud Fan

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      jbamberg
      Eventide Staff
      macgee wrote:
      Hi there I finally received my H9000 and was setting it up this evening however am finding that continuously, the fans are quite loud. Actually as loud as a MacBook Pro when the fans spin up quite fast. Is this normal behaviour or should the H9000 be quiet in operation? Thanks

The fan should be almost inaudible unless you are in a quiet room (definitely quieter than a MacBook Pro when its fans spin up).  It runs continuously at a constant speed.  We chose this particular fan for its quietness.

Since our QC procedure currently doesn't check how loud the fan is, and our production area has some ambient noise, it's possible that your H9000 has a fan which is out of spec and needs to be replaced.  If you contact us via email to support@eventide.com, we can arrange for this.  I apologize – this isn't something we anticipated.

macgee
      Participant

Hi there
      I finally received my H9000 and was setting it up this evening however am finding that continuously, the fans are quite loud. Actually as loud as a MacBook Pro when the fans spin up quite fast.
      Is this normal behaviour or should the H9000 be quiet in operation?

Thanks

DeWalta
      Participant

how did this story end? was the unit replaced or are the fans really as loud as a mac book pro?

macgee
      Participant

Eventide arranged for a check by the local distributor. To make it easier I drove over to them, they looked at the machine and didn’t see anything wrong so they just dropped the voltage to the fan to about 7.5v from 12v if I remember correctly whicgh made it quite a bit softer and then put rubbers between the fan on the stands…like a rubber washer. Anyways I think just slowing the fan made the biggest difference and I’m happy now

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.