Eventide Harmonizer H7600 or H8000FW ?

Home Forums Products Rackmount Eventide Harmonizer H7600 or H8000FW ?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      TripACT

Hello everyone,

I'm a huge fan of the Eventide reverb modulation capabilities. Absolutly amazing gear!
      I want it for music production in my studio. Not going to mess with loops and not with surround systems, just plain stereo mix.
      I'm after all those amazing reverbs.
      My question is, in terms of reverbsm is there anything the H8000FW is capable of and the H7600 wont cut it ?
      For example, the Matthias Adloff MP3 Demonstration.
      All the reverbs in there, the modulation cannon reverbs and the one he put on guitar ("sophisticated reverb algorithms – some kind of reverb but with pitch shifting and delays")
      you can hear that part in 4:00 of the mp3.
      I need those reverbs! 🙂

What should i be aware of ?
      Also, who distribute Eventide products in israel?

Best,

Gary

IDeangelis

Hello Gary

the H7600 will give you the verbs you have herad!

BUT….

The H8000 will give you:

– 2 of those verbs running at the same time in parallel! It's a dual DSP, so you can load 2 presets at the same time and configure your routing. It's nice in a recording environment.

– the 2 DSPs in series allows the use of the ultimate verb! Imagine running a multitap delay in series AND parallel to one of those fat modulated verbs. You can get space imaging as you like with delays and filters in and around the verb. This can only be possible w/2 7600 or a single 8000.

Consider the price difference between the 2 units and you'll see how more convenient the 8000 is.

al the best

I

TripACT

Got another interesting question about your famous preset called 'Black Hole' found in Eclipese, H7600 and H8000 series.
      I know that in Eclipse the black hole preset has sonic differences between the two other harmonzier (less processing power), BUT is there ANY difference between black hole preset found in H7600 and the one found in H8000FW ? working in stereo environment only.

Best,
      Gary

IDeangelis

Hi Gary

"Black Hole" is exactly the same in both H-units.

best
      I

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.