Eventide Orville – problems dumping programs/presets

Home Forums Products Rackmount Eventide Orville – problems dumping programs/presets

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Pastortom

Hey guys.

Im quite new to this machinery, but my guitar-buddy contacted me recently to have a look at it with my background as a electronics-technician.

Ive managed to work the SRAM cards, copy back and forth, and dump everything through a COM cable with the software VSIG.

But I'm having difficulty understanding how to find the programs within the card-dump bin-file.

So got some questions:

1) Is there any way to open/mount this bin file?

2) Is there a way to dump all the programs in a bank at once through COM cable as program/preset files instead of a single bin-file?

3) Is there another program besides VSIG that can read Orville dumped files?

Appreciate any response! Thanks in advance,

Tom, Norway

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Pastortom:

1) Is there any way to open/mount this bin file?

It's just binary – not sure what you mean.

Pastortom:

2) Is there a way to dump all the programs in a bank at once through COM cable as program/preset files instead of a single bin-file

The H8000 presets are also binary. You can dump them individually as sigfiles (with Vsig for example).

Pastortom:

3) Is there another program besides VSIG that can read Orville dumped files?

The binary dumps are SYSEX, so anything that can receive sysex could read them and store them.

Pastortom

Appreciate ur response.

With question 1) I meant: I want to open the individual programs/presets within the .bin file as sigfiles. Seeing as dumping 80 programs/presets manually 1 by 1 is very slow and tiresome. So is it possible to open the .bin file as a folder, that shows the sigfiles in it? I realize its a binary dump of the card holding the presets in this case. 

VSIG doesnt read the bins that this Eventide dumps at all. So, what am i supposed to do with them? Is the only usage of dumping a bin file, to import the same bin back to the eventide? Or what am I missing here?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Pastortom:

I want to open the individual programs/presets within the .bin file as sigfiles.

There is no easy way to do this.

Pastortom:

Is the only usage of dumping a bin file, to import the same bin back to the eventide?

Correct – it is used for backup purposes.

Pastortom

Thanks, appreciate ur fast response.

One last question, the different VSIG versions Ive tried all crash when I try to dump the presets manually. If I dump the card holding the presets, its working fine.

Im using Baudrate 115200, I have also tried lowering this, but without luck. Do you know how I can dump presets as files with VSIG without it crashing? Tried different com cables (also usb to com), they work fine with dumping everything else, but presets they crash with. VSIG just closes whilst its downloading, and nothing happens.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Not sure what you mean by "dump the presets manually." But, if it doesn't work, I'd suggest you not do it.

Pastortom

I'm sure ur quite busy and didnt have time to read what i wrote. And since Im from Norway I guess my english is so poor its hard to understand.

I was referring to what you said in the earlier post here: " You can dump them individually as sigfiles (with Vsig for example)."

When I try to dump them individually, VSIG crashes.

I can also elaborate again to make sure you dont misunderstand me, by dumping the presets I mean:

1) Copy the programs 1 by 1 through the com cable into VSIG

2) Export the presets/programs 1 by 1.

3) Download the presets/programs from the orville to the VSIG program.

4) Use a com cable between Eventide Orville Harmonzer and a computer with VSIG installed, activating "Dump program" within the eventide, with VSIG on the recieving end, (like with all other software you can dump from the eventide) and you see the working animation in VSIG. After 50% progress or so VSIG crashes. This doesnt happen with all other functions, VSIG downloads and stores this fine.

Since my guitar buddy spent so insanely much money to buy this machine from you, I was hoping for some help.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sorry you are having trouble. The  proper way to get a program into Vsig is to use Vsig's MIDI/Get command.

You are welcome to try other methods if you find them useful, but if they do not work, you probably should go back to the above approach.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.