Eventide Plugins built in preset browser not working?

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins Eventide Plugins built in preset browser not working?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      onewave
      Participant

Hello Eventide! 

I recently decided to buy a new Mac Mini (2018 3.2GHZ i7, Six Core) and did a fresh install of all the latest Eventide Plugins from your website.

I am using Mac OS X 10.14.5 Mojave. I previously was using 10.13.6 High Sierra, and none of the preset browsers were working normally there either..

Is there anyway to restore the preset menus so that they work the way they should?

I already tried searching the website and the Forum just a little bit, you have a page here:

https://www.eventideaudio.com/support/faq/my-eventide-plug-loads-and-runs-fine-i-cant-find-presets-any-ideas-how-fix

in the article it says “By default the installer installs the .tide presets to your Documents/Eventide/Presets folder. It may be necessary to check that the installer has placed the presets in this location.”

Does that mean that the preset folders are by default in the wrong location, or does the order go “Documents/Eventide/(Insert name of plugin here)/Presets folder”

I am trying to understand if I need to create a new folder in the order mentioned and put all the presets for the Eventide plugins I own in this ONE new location?

I am failing to understand the order correctly.

I remember quite some time ago I had them all working, maybe three or so years ago?

My workflow goes soo much faster without having to load them from the folders everytime I am searching for a sound.

Thank you for your help in advance,

Bret

qscacheri

Hi Bret,

The plugin presets are in the correct location and the FAQ has been updated with the correct path, "Documents/Eventide/<Plug-In Name>/Presets." In regards to them not showing up, could you tell me what DAW you are using?

-Quin

onewave
      Participant

Hello Quin,

So the installers obviously put the presets in the right place. This was all fresh installs into Mojave. So I take it that the preset bar no longer recognizes any of the presets.

Yes, I am using Logic Pro 10.4

I remember it was some years ago when all the Eventide plugins were working correctly with their corresponding preset bar, I sure do miss that, especially when you have such useful presets.

Yes they are still there but composers like me find it to be a kind of “buzz kill” having to dig around in folders to search for a sound that gets you close to what your looking for, speed is always king when the creative juices are flowing. 

qscacheri

Hi Bret,

Do you have iCloud Drive enabled on your machine, specifically with the "Desktop & Documents Folders" box checked?

-Quin

onewave
        Participant
        qscacheri wrote:

Hi Bret,

Do you have iCloud Drive enabled on your machine, specifically with the “Desktop & Documents Folders” box checked?

-Quin

Hello Quin, 

Oh, that sounds interesting! No I don’t, but I will try what you ask. Never knew there was a way to utilize iCloud, nor did I know of the iCloud drive feature for presets files!

onewave
      Participant

Hello again Quin,

Ok, I got iCloud drive running on my computer, ready for the next step.

qscacheri

Ah, I was asking to confirm that you *didn't* have it on. There have been problems with our presets syncing to iCloud in the past, which is why I asked. So, you can go ahead and turn it off. Beyond that, we've not been able to reproduce here under identical OS/DAW specs. We understand that needing to use 'LOAD' is a bit of a roadblock to creativity, so we will continue to look into the issue. In the meantime, I'm afraid that will have to suffice.

-Quin

onewave
      Participant
      Hello Quin,

I have really great news to report. 

I loaded my 2018 6 core i7 Mac mini with Logic Pro 10.4.4 just now and I tried loading a preset from the preset bar, the preset loaded fine, and I tried clicking on the name in the preset bar and the preset bar is now working just as it should. 

I must not have been trying the right things, but now it actually is working with all my presets as it should.

The only thing we must do every time on starting from scratch is load a preset from the correct location, then the presets work as they always did. 

Maybe it is because of the new computer needing to work with the correct version of Logic Pro 10? 

I am not sure, but none the less this is just great news for me, and I hope the problem stays solved in this area. It would be great if others can find the same work around with their issues as well.

teknosmoker
      Participant

I just had a similar issue on a machine running Mojave.  Installed Anthology XII (multiple times) and presets were not installed.  Turning off iCloud drive, reinstalling Anthology, then restarting the computer resolved everything.

Thank you Quin!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.