EXP pedal adjustments

Home Forums Products Stompboxes EXP pedal adjustments

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      cjcampbell2000
      Participant

Hi all I’ve been using my h90 with an exp pedal for wah wah. things sound good though there’s a bit of travel in the exp pedal 0 to 30 percent before anything happens. I didn’t mind at home but I finally took the h90 out for a gig and soon realized id better sort this quickly as it’s unusable live. so it’s an EHX exp pedal with trs cable. any ideas

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Which model of expression pedal? Did you calibrate the expression pedal in the System menu?

cjcampbell2000
      Participant

Hi, it’s the ehx single one before that I used a line 6 one I believe I did calibrate both and saw it gave 100 percent. on the graphic and on the little bar that gives numbers. it works and I’m getting the full sweep, but it seems the pedal is only seen by h90 at about 30 percent of its travel from the heel position. it’s like the pedal has to much travel on the heel side of the sweep thanks

brock
      Participant

If it’s the EHX one with the Range knob, make sure it’s all the way up to 10.  I know my EV-5s are easily nudged off full range.  Then see if the 2nd page of the Parameter Mapping (Start & End) helps out.

https://www.eventideaudio.com/forums/topic/h90-exp-pedal-setup/#post-169120

cjcampbell2000
      Participant

hi Brock and joe. so I’ve tried what you said again. range knob and second parameter page. the range knob only reduces the travel further and the 2nd parameter page has 0 effect on start end points of the exp pedal s travel. I’ve plugged in both my exp pedals [ehx and line 6 with both ts and trs cables. they both work fine on the helix floor and ehx superego for which I bought them. however, the line 6 with ts cable jumps at the heel position to 100 percent and back to 0 by the time the pedal has traveled about a 5th from the heel position. with the trs cable things get weird as it only goes from 0 to 41 on the manual mod. but still no movement for first 5th of travel from the heel. but it appears only for about 20-30 minutes before ejecting. I then tried a battery again and had no issue whatsoever soooo

finally, I noticed that my boss is being colored both in the loop and separately when I put it before the h90. it loses bass a small amount of treble and a bit of actual drive. I also tried other od pedals [ shins dumbloid ocd and scot mccanna sm fuzz] with the results being the same

if its possible you know what I could be doing wrong please please inform me. I’ve even tried reversing the exp pedal and changing the cross-over points in the 2nd page of parameters I’m so frustrated but thanks to any who can help.

cjcampbell2000
      Participant

hi Brock and joe. so I’ve tried what you said again. range knob and second parameter page. the range knob only reduces the travel further and the 2nd parameter page has 0 effect on start end points of the exp pedal s travel.

I’ve plugged in both my exp pedals [ehx and line 6 with both ts and trs cables. they both work fine on the helix floor and ehx superego for which I bought them. however,

the line 6 with ts cable jumps at the heel position to 100 percent and back to 0 by the time the pedal has traveled about a 5th from the heel position. with the trs cable things get weird as it only goes from 0 to 41 on the manual mod. but still no movement for first 5th of travel from the heel.

the ehx exp pedal works smoothly on the trs cable. but is missing travel from both heel and toe positions. again about a 5th from each side but with no strange movements. before it begins to work.

I’m beginning to believe the unit faulty as my boss angry driver that is in loop 1 ran out of battery so I plugged it in to wall with a normal single power supply and it cut out the h90 control app I then tried another socket but it appears only for about 20-30 minutes before ejecting. I then tried a battery again and had no issue whatsoever soooo

finally, I noticed that my boss is being colored both in the loop and separately when I put it before the h90. it loses bass a small amount of treble and a bit of actual drive. I also tried other od pedals [ shins dumbloid ocd and scot mccanna sm fuzz] with the results being the same

if its possible you know what I could be doing wrong please please inform me. I’ve even tried reversing the exp pedal and changing the cross-over points in the 2nd page of parameters I’m so frustrated but thanks to any who can help.

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

the line 6 with ts cable jumps at the heel position to 100 percent and back to 0 by the time the pedal has traveled about a 5th from the heel position.

I have the Line 6 EX-1 and it works as intended. What version of the H90 firmware do you have installed on the pedal?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.