expression pedal question

Home Forums Products Rackmount expression pedal question

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      rispsira

-Hi guys! i am currently looking to buy an expression pedal to control effects parameters in the eclipse (or another processor maybe that i use in parallel instead of the straight series configuration i love for the eclipse), and i was wondering what brands worked for you with the eclipse?  a lot of people recommend the EB stereo 25K ( i also dont understand the difference between the standard EB pedals and the junior. in case someone knows is it just the size?), have you found it to work well with the eclipse or what else would you recommend?

-Just to make sure i understand correctly it says in the manual that you dont have to change presets if you are using the same lagos basically but with different settings. So staying on the same patch to change from one setting to the other youd use the expression pedal for CC changes m i getting this right?

Thanks!!

AngelFire

rispsira,

I've been using the expression output of a Boss FV-500L successfully via a stereo patch cable.

I originally  noticed a small "dead area" at both ends of the pedal after calibration, but I usually don't notice it -others in other forums seem to have had the same issue.

It would be nice if there was an easy way to tell which patches have Externals mapped to a parameter. On many algorithms it controls the Send. I initially configured External 1 & 2 to pedal 1. I noticed later that some of the TF and MF algos may use External 3. 

The Boss pedal seems pretty sturdy and works well. Others seem to like the EBs but some don't like the "string" – which is honestly the main reason I went with Boss. There are several comparisons out there, e.g.

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=43689

I don't use the expression often… it is on my list of things to look at further and use more…

You may also find this useful:

http://forum.eventide.com/cs/forums/p/4422/18428.aspx (timefactor power supply and a good expression pedal)

Cheers,

af

rispsira

Great answer bro i really appreciate it! I just saw your reply though and im a bit busy 🙁 so i will check out the links and reply later if i still have any questions if thats ok with you..

Thanks again!

AngelFire

Glad to help.

I took a more detailed look at the default external controllers as assigned in the v4.01 patches. I just started a new thread with a spreadsheet you may find useful. It helps explain why the pedal when assigned to External 1 worked on some patches, but not others. As I suspected, many of the traditional patches use External 1 as a send level. But not all. And there is different behavior in the new TF and MF patches. Maybe you'll find it useful when you start using a pedal.

I'll readily admit I'm not the Eclipse expert. But this is crutch I developed to help me hopefully be more efficient.

af

rispsira

Alright i will check out the thread in that case looks like ill benefit greatly from it, thanks a lot AF!!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.