Expression pedal to control global wet/dry – non-MIDI CC method

Home Forums Products Rackmount Expression pedal to control global wet/dry – non-MIDI CC method

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      eugenelhymn

Hi,

I am wondering how to use a standard Boss FV expression pedal to control global wet/dry?  I am assuming I'll need a Y-cable going from the outputs of the pedal to either pedal 1 or pedal 2 in the back of the eclipse? 

What procedure do I take in the setup menu to achieve this?  Much appreciation for all wisdom!

IDeangelis

Hi Eugene

yes, you'll need a Y cord (stereo 1/4" to 2 x mono 1/4") to connect the volume pedal to Eclipse. Pedal 1 is assigned by factory default to IN level (SEND) on many algorithms, so a better choice would be to go for Pedal 2 input on the rear panel.

You first need to patch the Pedal to an External #. These are placeholders you will use for your remote control tasks.

Press SETUP > EXTERNAL > SETUP again > EXT#5

I advice to use EXT 5 or higher because the first ones have factory assignments that may be in conflict with what you want to do.

Select Ext #5 SOURCE as : PEDAL 2

To patch the pedal to system wet/dry mix:

-press LEVELS

-press & hold WET/DRY key

-a wet/dry mod screen shows up. Press <MODULATE>

-choose your EXT#5 and the pedal 2 will remote your wet/dry mix.

Please refer to the User Manual on more details about Parameters Modulation via MIDI and hardware controllers.

all the best

Italo

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.