expression pedal to control Q-WAH

Home Forums Products Rackmount expression pedal to control Q-WAH

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      edo

Hello,

I've read on the algorhythm description that it's possible to control the q-wah as a "real" wahwah with an expression pedal connected to the external in… however, i would like to know if it's possible to control it with an expression pedal connected directly on a rocktron all access, as i use it to control some other parameters from other units and wouldn't want to add another exp pedal to my pedalboard…. Any suggestions?

Cheers

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

On Eclipse, all external control is done through one of the "ext" virtual devices. Find out which one of these is the relevant one (Algorithm Manual says that it's either ext3 or ext4 ), and change it to use the MIDI CC from the Rocktron (see User Manual if necessary).

edo

thanks for your reply. I tried that, but it's not working, it works more like an upside down volume pedal, in the sense that toe down = no sound, heel down = full sound. What am i doing wrong??

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

You will have to tell me what you did ….

edo

i assigned cn 17 to ext4 and exppdl on the modulation shape. When I rock the pedal, the xnob parameter goes from 36 to 0, as opposed from 0 to 99 or so i guess…

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

A little too cryptic for me, I'm afraid.

But, either way, the Eclipse offers many ways to adjust the EXT settings – play with these and it will do what you want. Assuming you have V4, set TYPE to min/.max, and adjust the MINIMUM and MAXIMUM values appropriately (p.42 of UM).

I am also  haveing trouble with the Factor presets!The conections to externals all seem to be conected to external 3.Nothing to external 4 as mentioned in the alg. manual.So pedal 3 will modulate all conected parameters.Even shape?it does produce interesting stutering but is this correct and the way you intended it?

When switching shape to external pedal the algorithm freezes and I do not understand where or what this external pedal is!

I am also wondering how to get a reverse wha or reverse filter effect from algorithms in the Eclipse? is there a positve/negative polarity switch somewhere?[idont think so] or a trick with seting up the slope or angle on the filters in Q-wha, Filters or Mod Filters algorithms?or maybe the mod block?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Robert Tiffin:

!The conections to externals all seem to be conected to external 3.

All the externals are connected to Ext3, with the exception that those where a pedal is used as a source as opposed to controlling a parameter are connected to Ext4. There are only a few of these.

Robert Tiffin:

When switching shape to external pedal the algorithm freezes

This is an example of one where the pedal is a source and needto be connected to Ext4.

Hopefully one of our Eclipse users can answer your wah question better than can I.

Yes thankyou however I find no modulation hapening from ext 4 when the "shape" hot key parameter is set to external pedal?

could you forward that reverse filter question to Italo or somebody there who could answer..Is it possible in Eclipse?..thankyou.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.