Expression pedals in H9000R problem

Home Forums Products Rackmount Expression pedals in H9000R problem

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      J20056
      Participant

Simply stated, they do not work at all.

I tried a Roland EV5 and a Boss FV500-L, and in both cases, the calibration screen in Emote is completely inactive. I am able to select the pedal type, and the green button to turn the calibration on worls. I even tried restarting the unit with the pedals plugged in. I tried connecting the pedals with a standard TRS cable, or directly for the Roland, or even s Y splitter to try tip ansd ring separately. NOTHING works, zero.

Help! 

J20056
      Participant

I also tried with Emote Windows 10 in addition to OSX. Same answer; nothing.

J20056
      Participant

This is my last residual problem since getting the H9000R about a week ago.

I hope someone can help? 

J20056
      Participant

Thanks.

Is there a way to assign a volume control mapped to an expression pedal on a connection between two algos in an FX Chain?

J20056
      Participant

I followed your instructions and it worked, sort of.

The main issue is that if I use a TRS cable into pedal 1 for the first pedal (used as a single pedal) and then another TRS for pedal 2 plugged in Pedal 2, the second pedal is actually understood as Pedal 3 but Emote and the H9000R. So what is called pedal 1 in the back of the unit should really be labeled pedal 1/2 (in case it it used with a split cable to connect two pedals), and what is labeled pedal 2 should really be labeled Pedal 3/4. Took me a while to figure this out.

Secondly, the Boss FV500 (H or L) needs to have the max volume button set to Minumum in order for the epression pedal to work correctly, Go figure…

So I am 100% good to go now, but your instructions should be a little bit more precise.

Thanks anyways, the Learn feature is what saved me BTW.

Calibration seems to work well (despite not showing anyhting in Emote) as I correeclty cover the 0 to 100 range on the buttons I try ro control.

floresp640
      Eventide Staff
      J20056 wrote:

This is my last residual problem since getting the H9000R about a week ago.

I hope someone can help? 

Hello,

I was able to reproduce this issue. It looks like it is calibrating but the calibration screen isnt following. If you right click any algorithm parameter, it should open up the 'mapping' window. From there, press 'Learn'. You should see that the expression pedal is now mapped to the parameter. You can stil calibrate it using the 'pedals' tab in the session page but it wont be represented. 

Please let me know if this works. 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.