“EXT” light flashing at startup on H8000FW

Home Forums Products Rackmount “EXT” light flashing at startup on H8000FW

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Howdy Smile

I posted this topic a while back, but I'd like to see if anyone has any further input or if any new users have come across this H8000FW issue and know a solution…

Right after starting up, the "EXT" light begins to flash under the solidly lit 44.1.  My usual solution to get only a solid light on 44.1 is to turn the unit off, wait 10 seconds, then turn it on again.  This works 50% of the time, but the other 50% drives me crazy!Crying

It was suggested that it stemmed from the routing, but it's the inconsistency of the flashing that confuses me.  If it still worked as an interface with the EXT flashing, I could just ignore it, but it will only work if there is a solid light (indicating the sample rate is solid).

Any ideas?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

The ext light flashes if any routed input is unlocked, whether that input is being used or not. It could be argued (and often is) that the "or not" part is foolish, but it's difficult …

The mysteriousness of your issue is probably due to an input being on the edge of locking. If you check the lock states of all inputs, and either fix the unlocked ones, or unroute unused ones, the flashing will go away. Note that "inputs" also includes direct connections to outputs.

Thanks Nick, I'll give that a shot!  Smile

unguitar
      Participant

When it happens to me I usually get it stable changing the frequency up of one step, like from 44,1 to 48 Khz and then back again to 44,1. Then it usually locks to the correct sampling rate.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.