Ext. midi controller to adjust effect parameters on Eclipse

Home Forums Products Rackmount Ext. midi controller to adjust effect parameters on Eclipse

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      jklarsen
      Participant

Hello,

I have read the manual and i apologize but i just can't figure it out.

I am trying to use a ext. controller to adjust the parameters.

For instance, i am using my Line 6 POD buttons as a midi controller on my soft synth,

and now i want to use the POD to adjust delay feedback on the "Tape Echo" preset

in my eclipse, so when i turn the assigned button, the feedback increases and decreases etc.

I have assigned it as a ext. controller and captured the data – no problem.

But how do i assign what to adjust and what to do? is it done through the modulation block or?

I hope you can help.

Best regards…Jan

IDeangelis

Hi Jan

I have moved your post in the Eclipse folder.

Just highlight the parameter you want to MIDI control, press & hold its softkey and a new menu will pop up on the display. Press <MODULATE> to access the pstching area. Choose the EXTERNAL you have already setup and work thru the min/max scale of how you want the parameter to be controlled by the MIDI CC. That's it. You need to re_store the preset or the patch will get lost in space.

best

I

jklarsen
      Participant

Hello again,

That worked like a charm.

I just have one follow up question.

When i add my ext1 source to 817- tapeecho preset in Delay_A it switches to WHOLE/NO_DLY,

when i turn the knobs on the controller instead of the tempo adjustments it has as default?

How can i get it to adjust tempo again?

Best…Jan

IDeangelis

I would not use ext 1 and 2 as they are already patched to some parameters by factory defaults.

Sorry but it's not clear what you get there. Those 2 tempo values are the range min and max values.

What is thet you are expecting?

I

jklarsen
      Participant

in a lot of the other preset i can adjust the delay in milliseconds or tempo from 0 to max which is fine, but in this and a lot of the other new presets i cannot, i only get the WHOLE or NO_DLY whole max button left and NO_DLY when the button is max rotated right….

SO i am wondering how i can adjust the delay time freely in this preset ?

Best…Jan

IDeangelis

Do you mean you want to change the tempo rhythmic subdivisions with a MIDI CCs or to just remote Taptempo with MIDI?

I

jklarsen
      Participant

Hello,

Sorry for not being specific, it is the tempo rhythmic subdivisions i wish to change, just like when i am changing the delay time in ms in some other presets.

Jan

IDeangelis

ok…now we rock!

You may need to adjust the scaling of the parameter in regards to the MIDI CC. Try adjusting SCALE in the patching area, second screen. The scale value should reflect the same number of the parameter's steps number you want to control…so first count how many RhytSubDivs are in there….

This should help

I

jklarsen
      Participant

Scaling did the trick – Thanks!

Jan

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.