Fatal H8000 Errors – possible defective Unit

Home Forums Products Rackmount Fatal H8000 Errors – possible defective Unit

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      zap
      Participant

Dear Eventide.  The H8000 I just bought off you guys for 7 grand Canadian dollars after tax is freezing on me any time i find an intense effect.  How am I supposed to play a live show with all these fatal errors? As soon as i found crazier effects,  one of the patches froze and said the following:

Normal

false
      false
      false

MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

A bus error has occurred (E12)

Program: 2AOOA962

Data:

Please write these down and reboot

(And the soft key under reboot would not reboot it and I had to shut it down).

I dont remember the name of that patch,  but another patch i need badly called (Particle Accelerator)  as soon as I go to edit the tab MTAP –  any edits to the DLY parameter produce a mess on the screen, freeze the entire unit.. and produce the following message:

Normal

false
      false
      false

MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

CPU Found an Illegal Instruction (EO)

Program 005B26

Please write these down and reboot

And then the next time I tried doing that – the same patch and same edit to it produces this message:

A bus error has occurred (E12)

Program: 60000B26

Data: 60000B26

Please Write these down and reboot/

And the soft key under reboot does not reboot the machine. 

Come on guys seriously.  I mean I am just reviewing presets on my second day of getting this to work and i can barely use some of the more wacky presets. 

The  powering on 1.292  version 5.5 i think.    Is this a version issue?  Either way – how can there be issues like this for a unit so expensive?  This is hard to comprehend.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Any complex equipment can have issues – sorry if you find this.

You could try a "Return to Factory Defaults". If that fails you should probably return it to your dealer.

Audiotistic

Hi,

I have also received the bus error and CPU illegal instruction error messages…..thats the first issue. The more troubling issue i would like to report is that today while mixing with Omnisphere in logic at NORMAL LEVELS, i heard a slight fizzle and the low frequency drivers on my monitors completely stopped functioning.  I was using H8000FW as my audio interface and in AB parallel configuration on 10.6.8 MAC with a Virus C on channels 3-4.  I am updated to 5.5 OS using H8000 to process on busses created in logics environment (5-6 & 7-8)……i recently purchased this 8000 from seller on Ebay who has instructed me to report to Eventide since we are in Paypal claim over this. Please respond. Thx

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Eventide honors warranties on used units, so if yours is still under warranty (see UM for warranty info) and you think that there is something wrong with it, you should contact support@eventide.com.

Otherwise, not sure what you are looking for. If reinitialization does not clear the error messages, this would suggest a hardware problem and you should contact support@eventide.com.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.