Feb. 3rd ’22: H9000 2.0.5[2] // Emote 2.0.5[1]

Home Forums Products Rackmount Feb. 3rd ’22: H9000 2.0.5[2] // Emote 2.0.5[1]

• This topic has 17 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 2 weeks, 2 days ago by jerzythepeddler.
Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      John Baylies
      Participant

H9000 2.0.5[2] and Emote 2.0.5[1] are available!

Release notes for H9000 2.0.5[2]

• EQ45 and EQ65 plugin presets added to algorithm # 1140, 1141, 1240, & 1241.
      • 115 H8000 algs, including the MIDI Virt Racks, are no longer unopenable in Vsig.
      • Emulations tag added to Category Types.

Release notes for Emote 2.0.5[1]

• Fully tested on Windows 11 and macOS Monterey.
      • Improved UI for Direct IO View and Algorithms View.
      • Alt-drag now toggles IO channels.
      • Fixed a mapping bug.

DIRECTIO

bsfreq
      Participant

I updated Emote to 2.0.5[1] (Mac OS 10.15.7)

Now I’m stuck at 25% installing the H9000 firmware via Emote. (I was on firmware 2.0.3[2] before updating)

It’s been at 25% for about 45minutes now with no progress. Same progress bar showing on the H9000 display..

Is it safe to turn off the H9000 and try again?

Thanks

tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff

Hello,

Please try quitting Emote (not restarting the H9000) and performing the update again via Emote. Let me know what happens, sorry for the inconvenience.

bsfreq
      Participant

I tried quitting and restarting Emote, but it wouldn’t connect (I use ethernet), so I went ahead and restarted the H9000. After reboot, H9000 setup actually showed version 2.0.5[2] as the current firmware, but just to be on the safe side I reinstalled the firmware via Emote. Everything went smoothly the this time, so all good.

Thanks for the update!

donrwatters
      Participant

Just wanted to check in with Eventide team on this update.  I ran the update on Windows 11, and it all ran really well.  In the past, I’ve had issues around Emote crashing when I try to retrieve updates, but this time it as flawless.  I also updated Emote on my Macbook Pro (2021 M1 running Monterey) and connected via the network, and it worked flawlessly as well.  VSig on both work well.  The only issue I’ve had is when there’s already an open algo in VSig, and I try to load another, on Mac, if I haven’t closed the previous algo before opening a new one, VSig crashes.  Not really a big deal, just a small workload change for me (make sure to save and exit before opening a new algo).  Overall, this has been the best update experience I’ve had to date running a firmware update on the H9000.  We see folks in the forum trying to get things working, and I just wanted to acknowledge that a lot of times, these things just work and no one says anything and we all just go about our day, as though it’s normal.  Thanks for the great experience.

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

Thanks for the kind words, glad to hear everything is working smoothly for you! I am able to reproduce your VSig issue and I’ve created a ticket for it, thanks for reporting this.

parkerfly81
      Participant

hi, eventide.. i’ve had a 9000 for a while and it’s quickly become the centerpiece of the studio and solo guitar setup..

i just upgraded my computer to a 2019 imac (running 10.15..) and got everything installed, but it seems that the 9000 will recognize the analog inputs on the ‘meters’ screen, but it won’t send it USB to the computer.. however, the analog outputs are working and sending over USB..

i tried switching back to the old computer 2010 imac running 10.11 and the analog inputs transfer over USB just like they should, which tells me that there’s something up with the new computer / software updates.. here are the specs:

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019) 10.15.7

3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 and 64Gb ram

i’m running reaper 6.56 and emote 2.0.5..

any suggestions?

thank you.

r

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

There is nothing I can think of that would cause a USB issue with a specific macOS version, so I am not sure why the USB audio would be working on your older computer and not the newer one. A few things you can check:

– Are you using the same USB cable for both computers? Have you tried a different USB cable with the computer that isn’t working?

– Are you using a USB hub or extender with the computer that isn’t working?

– Are you using Direct I/O connections? Or is audio going through an FX Chain?

– How are you troubleshooting your audio setup? Can you try loading an Oscillator algorithm and seeing if it outputs on the USB channels?

parkerfly81
        Participant

tbs – thanks for the response..!

yeah, so.. i’m still not having much luck.. i tried the same USB cable on both machines (the one that came with the 9000..) and i tried different ones (that i know work..) and nothing changes.. there’s no hub or extender – the USB is plugged directly into the back of the imac.. and i tried all 4 ports!

i’ve tried both direct i/o and fx chain..

the 9000 is for sure seeing the input coming in, it just won’t transfer over USB. a strange thing i found was the meters on the face of the 9000 recognize that there’s a guitar plugged into a preamp, plugged into XLR 1 and ‘analog 1’ shows the meter lighting up. but emote (in the fx chain..) doesn’t recognize an input, and it’s meter doesn’t light up, but the meterbridge input does. weird. (picture below for that..)

Screen Shot 2022-05-05 at 10.46.33 AM

i tried the oscillator and the outputs work fine: both XLRs and all the dsub outputs (digital and analog..)

i tried updating to monterey, and i tried a clean install of catalina and i tried rolling back to emote 2.0 – no change.

i downloaded logic and garageband and those both DO recognize the input.. but, with the same problem of emote meters not lighting up in the fx chain – maybe thats why reaper doesn’t recognize the inputs?

when i leave all the connections the same and switch the USB cable to the old computer, all the inputs transfer over USB no problem and the emote fx chain meters light up.

it seems like because all the outputs work over USB, that the USB IS being recognized, and it seems that because the emote fx chain meters aren’t lighting up, maybe there’s something there thats causing this?

not sure what else to try…

parkerfly81
      Participant

There is nothing I can think of that would cause a USB issue with a specific macOS version, so I am not sure why the USB audio would be working on your older computer and not the newer one. A few things you can check: – Are you using the same USB cable for both computers? Have you tried a different USB cable with the computer that isn’t working? – Are you using a USB hub or extender with the computer that isn’t working? – Are you using Direct I/O connections? Or is audio going through an FX Chain? – How are you troubleshooting your audio setup? Can you try loading an Oscillator algorithm and seeing if it outputs on the USB channels?

UPDATE!

hey, again.. so after lots more troubleshooting, i think that i’ve figured it out! there’s a dropdown window in emote that i never noticed before, and never used – and at this point, i’m kinda trying anything.. so i clicked both of those, AND also realized that one of the FX chains was never closed (and re-opened..) after updating.. so i deleted FX chain one, opened a new FX chain and connected the inputs and outputs like they’ve always been and it worked. meters in emote fx chains and meterbridge are good to go, and then i fired up reaper and they’re ALL working there, too..

Screen Shot 2022-05-05 at 3.28.50 PM

wanted to post the fix / solution in case anybody else upgrades from an older machine and has this same problem.. not sure if it was the ‘reset dialog in preferences’, or the closing of the FX chain, or both – but all is good now.

now back to music making!

r

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
        tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

Glad to hear this has been resolved and thanks for providing your troubleshooting info!

joeydego
      Participant

Any new Emote or H9000 firmware coming soon????

bsfreq
        Participant

Any new Emote or H9000 firmware coming soon????

+1

Really waiting for the features mentioned here already 3+ years ago..

macgee
      Participant

it’s disappointing, h9000 gets no love…new pedal launches with new algorithms and h9000 left in the dark

i guess anything new for h9000 will only be because of the h90 and designed for that format

sad times for h9000

afewster
      Participant

I guess it’s expected to some extent.  On balance I’m sure the H9 and H90 generate way more revenue than the H9000. Would rather Eventide still existed than not obviously given today’s climate.  That said, some visibility into whether we’ll see these (or any) new features in the H9000 would be very much appreciated.

joeydego
      Participant

They said in todays livestream they’re working on the new algos for the H9000. That being said it would have been nice to pitch us these first if they were in development. Even make it a beta so no one can complain if things were a little off about them. The H9000 is the flagship, it really should have new algorithms first, at least in the H line of products. I guess the fact it’s 8 times the price of the h90, there isn’t much motivation for that market to bump up to the flagship processor. Even if it has 10 new algorithms. Leaves the 9000 feeling a little moldy. I’m sure we will get some love soon.

afewster
      Participant
      jerzythepeddler
      Participant

They said in todays livestream they’re working on the new algos for the H9000. That being said it would have been nice to pitch us these first if they were in development. Even make it a beta so no one can complain if things were a little off about them. The H9000 is the flagship, it really should have new algorithms first, at least in the H line of products. I guess the fact it’s 8 times the price of the h90, there isn’t much motivation for that market to bump up to the flagship processor. Even if it has 10 new algorithms. Leaves the 9000 feeling a little moldy. I’m sure we will get some love soon.

Yeah, as an H9000 owner, this is a little concerning. I’m hoping they will release the new algos to the H9000 soon. But like you said, I’m a little confused at why they didn’t release these for the H9000 first, since it’s their flagship.

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.