FFT on pitch-shiftings

Home Forums Products Rackmount FFT on pitch-shiftings

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      ThreeFingersOfLove
      Participant

Hi all,

this is my first post in the forum. We have been discussing in a greek forum about real-time pitch shifting and various opinions have been brought up. From what I have heard from demos here and there, the most amazing pitch shifting is from the Eventide so some users (myself included) wanted to know if the pitch shifting is accomplished with FFT or some other algorithm. I am a computer programmer and I *speculate* that if it's not FFT then these guys must be VERY clever.

I don't own an Eventide yet, but I am planning to buy one in a couple of months. I got a pretty good deal for a brand new H-8000FW but I was just wondering if Eventide will release an FX processor with support for 192Khz sampling rates. If so, I can wait a little longer.

Thanx
      Yannis

IDeangelis

Hi Yannis

unfortunately there is no public available info on both of your questions.

Getting an H8000FW now will serve you for many years to come anyway.

all the best

ThreeFingersOfLove
      Participant

Hi Italo,

thanx for the swift reply. Perfectly understood about the algorithms. I will probably get the H-8000 FW sooner than I thought. By the way, are you going to save somewhere the database with the messages in Yahoo? Because I read someplace that it won't be available forever and I'd like to read some of these messages, since they probably contain lots of answers to my questions.

Yannis.

IDeangelis

Hi Yannis

the yahoo archives should be available here.

have you tried?

ThreeFingersOfLove
      Participant

Hi again

yup, I just found them. Thanx, great support here!

Yannis

akjl4

Hi, if you wound'nt mind were did you find the yahoo archives?

ThreeFingersOfLove
      Participant

Hi,

here you are:

http://forum.eventide.com/cs/forums/default.aspx?GroupID=6

Click on the EventideHelps link and you will be directed to a page where you can search the archives for whatever you want.

Regards,
      Yannis

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.