Firewire 16 channels

Home Forums Products Rackmount Firewire 16 channels

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      teddy

Hi everybody,

I don't understand when the H8000 manual said that in firewire there are 16 channels. Because the main input are limited to 8 channels.

Can someone can explain this, because if i can use 16 channels and not 8 in firewire when the signal go out from logic to the H8000 and return to 16 channels input it will be very very very good.

excuse for my french english Smile

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

You are correct that the main inputs/ outputs are limited to 8 channels.

The FireWire in/out can also be routed to ADAT and AES11-18, giving a total of 24 sources/destinations. You do not have to use them all.

teddy

thanks.

It 's interesting, but a little bit complicated. Geeked

Is it possible to plug in firewire my H8000 to my computer, have 16 output from my daw to my H8000 , do the processing for the 16 input, and get the result of the 16 outputs ?

Also, are they yet presets and routing presets that uses this standard configuration ? Because I don't see this in the preset manual.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

teddy:

Is it possible to plug in firewire my H8000 to my computer, have 16 output from my daw

No – you can only process 8 channels from FireWire – you are limited by the number of main inputs and main outputs. The H8000 is essentially an 8 channel machine with 2 engines, rather than a 16 channel machine. Sorry.

teddy:

Also, are they yet presets and routing presets that uses this standard configuration

Again no, because this is NOT a standard configuration. Note that routing presets are described in the User Manual, not the Presets Manual.

teddy

thanks.

Is it possible to say to eventide developpers to upgrade the H8000 kernel (i like this word, in french it is a very exciting word) to 16 channels ? A little bit of C++….

it's a joke Big Smile

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

It's the hardware – those guys have no sense of humour.

pgiaccone

Hi, I've another question: how many parallel effects can the Eventide H8000FW deploy in 8 channels of input?
      i.e.: is the hardware capable to run 8 parallel mono compressors or 4 parallel stereo reverbs?

Thank you,

Piero

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

This depends on the size of the effects and the sample rate. At 48kHz, you can run one of (for example) the following 8 channel presets on each of the two DSPs:

3    23    Octal Compressor

3    16    Compressor_8

3    31    8*10 Grafic Eq

3    12    8 Diatonicshifts

6    20    Combdelays 8ch

6    27    LongPanningDelays8

10  32    4 Stereo Verbs

These are just a few of many – you get the picture …

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.