Firewire drop out

Home Forums Products Rackmount Firewire drop out

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      teddy

SmileHello, 

I have a problem with my H8000fw connected with firewire 400 on the firewire port of the mac book pro. When i send the  audio signal in Logic 9, the audio drops out. I tried to change the latency but it is the same.

I have the 5.5beta1 firmaware and the last H8000fw driver on snow leopard.

Is there any stabiility problem with firewire connection ?

thanks

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

No particular problem of which I am aware. Try setting it up as a basic Core Audio device as described in the User Manual and see if you have the same problem.

teddy

Hi,

I use an aggregated driver (my laptop macbook pro soundcard + H8000fw), the sound go out the laptop soundcard and the firewire inputs of the  h8000fw are used for effects.

I use this conf because I did not see how to do this (what preset routing) only with H8000fw.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

I need you to follow the instructions in the User manual, starting with "Installing Drivers on Your Macintosh" up to but not including "Configuring the H8000FW for Output with Logic Pro."

Then, tell me how well it works.

teddy

Hi nickrose, Smile

follow the instructions in the User manual, starting with "Installing Drivers on Your Macintosh"  like you said me.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

hi teddy

Sorry, don't understand.

Did you do this, and if so, when you "Choose a device for sound output" did the playback have the same problems ?

teddy

Hi nickRose,

I found the problem. If it can help someone :

1. In logic 9, you must choose the min buffer size; for me 32.

2. In the audio/midi configuration panel on snow leopard, you must choose for your aggregated driver the Eventide Dice clock.

It is Ok for me now and the sound was very very good !

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Good work – these things can be difficult to organize. Glad you got it working !!!

teddy

Hi nickrose,

I have another question related to this.

I use headphones in my laptop macbookPro. But is there any default routing in the H8000fw  to

use monitoring speakers to monitor the daw output + have h8000 firewire channels for effects in dsp a and dsp b (h8000fw like soundcard and like effect processor ) ?

I saw also it is very dangerous to plug directly the monitoring speakers to the analog outputs because we don't see in the Eventide Dice driver panel if there are any signal. And my speakers have not any limiter. It would be interessing to have a little panel in the Dice drivers to monitor this (it's just a suggestion).

Excuse me for my english Smile

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.