firewire issue H8000FW

Home Forums Products Rackmount firewire issue H8000FW

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      xnix
      Participant

Hi Italo,

I have been trying to configure my h8000fw via firewire with a Lucid 88192 using Eventide Dice software with Cubase SX3 in PC (over firewire).
      I have attached the Lucid via db25.
      I am trying to create a simple configuration with the Lucid travelling over one firewire set, and DSP A over 1-4, and DSP B over 5-8 of the other firewire set for DAW effects.
      My probelm is I am not getting signal over firewire 1 line in.
      I have tried the Lucid over firewire 1 with DSPs over firewire 2, as well as the reverse with the same problem.
      What should I do?
      Is it likely a software issue in the computer, or a software issue in the H8000?
      Or could it be harware?

Thanks
      Troy

IDeangelis

Hi Troy

very unclear what you have been trying to do.

Is the Lucid an AES-EBU interface? the DB25 is an AES-EBU interface and has nothing to do with the FW interface.

In addition to this, any question regarding audio routing should include a *very detailed* description of the H8000 internal ROUTING. 

Thanks

I

xnix
      Participant

Yes the Lucid is an AES-EBU interface.
      I am routing 8 channels of analog in/out from the Lucid into the H8000FW to connect to the DAW over firewire directly (bypassing DSPs). – Firewire1
      I am routing 8 channels inside the DAW to the H8000FW over firewire as well (4 to DSPA, 4 to DSP B) – Firewire2

It is difficult to describe it further without a block diagram, but I started with the ADAT & AES8 I/O setting and modified it. I am not using ADAT at all and just want access to the two DSPs seperately from the DAW.

IDeangelis

Sorry

I don't understand what you are trying to do.

best
      I

xnix
      Participant

I have sent you a diagram.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.