Flash Card problems

Home Forums Products Rackmount Flash Card problems

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      ThreeFingersOfLove
      Participant

Hello

I am having weird problems with my card in the H-8000FW. It reads and loads the patches and then, for no apparent reason, an error message appears and the unit doesn't do anything unless I reboot it – as instructed.

So, I am thinking of buying a new one. I have seen some cards that have capacities of 4GB (never gonna need all that space though) but they are really fast. These are usually used in digital cameras. Are they ok for the H-8000FW too?

Regards,
      Yannis

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Hi Yannis. Please give text of all error messages – hard for us to know what is happening otherwise.

You certainly could try another card – they are not expensive. Smaller cards may be better than big ones. Also, we have occasionally had trouble with the PCMCIA adaptors.

ThreeFingersOfLove
      Participant

An address error occured (E12)

program: 0017C8
      Data: 000001

????

i get this message very often. Do you guys know what is wrong?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Hi Yannis – sorry you are having problems.

I can't easily see how you would get this error – more information please.

When does it happen ?

What are you doing when it happens (examples please, even if it happens all the time).

What presets are loaded when it happens ? (examples please, even if it happens all the time).

Do you use Eve/Net ? If so, does it happen with Eve/Net disconnected ?

Etc, etc

ThreeFingersOfLove
      Participant

Hi Nick

the preset is 3910. I have tweaked its parameters and saved it in the card. It reads the card properly. It reads all the presets that I have saved there, except for one for which I get the message "Cannot load patch "patchname". Cannot explain".

Sometimes I get a message that the card is not formatted. It offers to format the card (although it reads it initially). I press "no" and it can still read the card. Could it be that there's a bad area in the card or there is a problem in its connection to the H8000FW?

When the error message that I have written in my previous post occurs, it wants to reboot. So I reboot it and it works ok, until for whatever reason it re-occurs.

I don't use Eve/Net.

Regards,
      Yannis

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

It sounds like the card is your problem – have you tried different ones ?

Also, if you can, try a different PCMCIA adaptor.

philjochum

Yannis,

It is very probable that the problem is with the PCMCIA/CF adapter.  I went through a few just to find one to update to 5.3 without getting strange error messages.  The one I finally had success with was branded 'MediaGear,' but I do not recall the non-functioning brands.

~Phil

ThreeFingersOfLove
      Participant

philjochum:

Yannis,

It is very probable that the problem is with the PCMCIA/CF adapter.  I went through a few just to find one to update to 5.3 without getting strange error messages.  The one I finally had success with was branded 'MediaGear,' but I do not recall the non-functioning brands.

~Phil

Hi Phil,

thanks for the advice. I happened to update my H-8000FW using this very adaptor. Weird. I am getting a new adaptor.

Regards,
      Yannis.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

There are issues with adaptors that we don't really understand. We used to ship one made by Viking, but after a few years these started giving problems. Then we supplied some made by Sandisk (who invented the CF card) and now they have stopped making them. It's never easy …

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.