• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      lionelred
      Participant

Hi
      I just unsuccessfully try to update my Eclipse from V3 to the latest OS
      In the process I wiped my presets damn!
      Nevermind I would still like to update as nothing to lose now.
      I have a Mac and was using a flash card formatted on a pc FAT32
      I now formatted on a mac just reads card not formatted?
      any thoughts

drooney

Hi Lionel,

When formatting a compact flash card for use with an Eventide product you will want to do so in the FAT format not FAT32. Mac's aren't able to format in this type so you can use the Eclipse to format your card.

Insert the card into the Eclipse and press 'setup' until you see "utility" and select it. Then select 'format'. You'll be asked if you really want to format it and select yes. It will only take a moment to format the card and it will indicate when this is complete. Once this is complete remove the card, and insert it into your card reader/writer and transfer the files for the 3.51 software. Follow the instructions provided for this method and you should be set.

Please note it is best to use a card that is below 2G capacity. If you continue to experience an issue feel free to contact support@eventide.com for further assistance.

lionelred
      Participant

Just tried that and the eclipse freaked a long bleep and then crashed.
      I am using 1GB card so not sure really.

drooney

What is it that you tried? What do you mean by crashed? Does the unit power on normally?

lionelred
      Participant

Sorry for not being clear

I did check the format type in the mac after formatting in the eclipse and it said FAT 32

I Formatted the card in the eclipse transfered the files from the mac (not in the folder though as it cant read the OS in the folder)

I boot up pressing 1 and it gets stuck on this message
      loading romprog.exe from card

if it loads the display looks like snow storm of pixels, big bleep then powers down

drooney

No trouble at all. Well it sounds as though there may be an issue with the card you are using. I would try using a different card, preferably one that is a lower storage size than the one you are using.

lionelred
      Participant

Hey
      I tried it with a different card last night and it worked! thanks for helping me out, shame about my presets I'll just have to build some better ones

many thanks

drooney

Great news! Good luck with the new presets!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.