Flexible entry and exit points, return summing

Home Forums Products Rackmount Flexible entry and exit points, return summing

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      urowho
      Participant

Naive question here!

Just received my H9000 to replace my H8000FW. After having a heart attack thinking that the black hole algorithm wasn’t as good as on the H8000 (I’d accidently chosen the H9 version rather than the H8000) normal excellent and amazing service is resumed.

What I’d love to do is to be able to have flexibility in a couple of ways; For example, I’d like to be able to have a FX chain with 4 algorithms and have the ability to put a couple of inputs in at the top, another two into algorithm 2 and take one output after algorithm three etc.

Secondly, I use a 32 channel digital board that has nearly all of the returns taken, so ideally I’d like to be able to not have to bring back a seperate return for each FX chain but bring them all back on analogue 1 and 2 for example. I realise that I’d need to be careful with levels.

I understand the above may be limited by much deeper design decisions but I thought I’d ask!

Cheers.

jbamberg
      Eventide Staff
      urowho wrote:

What I'd love to do is to be able to have flexibility in a couple of ways; For example, I'd like to be able to have a FX chain with 4 algorithms and have the ability to put a couple of inputs in at the top, another two into algorithm 2 and take one output after algorithm three etc.

Secondly, I use a 32 channel digital board that has nearly all of the returns taken, so ideally I'd like to be able to not have to bring back a seperate return for each FX chain but bring them all back on analogue 1 and 2 for example. I realise that I'd need to be careful with levels.

I understand the above may be limited by much deeper design decisions but I thought I'd ask!

Hi,

Depending on the specifics of your FX chain routing, you should be able to achieve the first request using either emote or the Expert Router (on the front panel interface) to set up your FX chain.  If you follow up with a more specific example of what you'd like to achieve, we can help with this.

The second request is something we plan to support in the next major software update, due for release in the fall.  This will enable you to mix the outputs from FX chains and send the mix to the physical outputs of the box.

Glad to hear that you are enjoying your H9000!

urowho
      Participant

Thanks, I more wanted to know it was possible before spending hours pottering around. I’ve found the screens in emote. Now I just need to get the hang of redesigning the links.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.