Gobbler Subscription Announcement

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins Gobbler Subscription Announcement

Viewing 26 reply threads
  • Author
      tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff

As you may have heard, Gobbler has announced the closure of their platform effective November 1st, 2023, resulting in the discontinuation of support for our “Eventide Ensemble” and “Eventide Pro Reverb Bundle” subscriptions. Rest assured, our team is working hard to facilitate a seamless transfer to a new platform, ensuring uninterrupted access to your beloved plugins.

In the meantime, we are extending all subscriptions through December 1st, 2023, to help our subscribers throughout this transitional phase. We understand the potential inconvenience this situation may cause and sincerely apologize for any disruption to your workflow.

We’ll be back in touch in the next few weeks to share details on the transition, so keep an eye out for another email from us soon. For any queries or assistance during this period, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at support@eventide.com or post in this forum thread. Your satisfaction is our top priority, and we are here to support you every step of the way.

Thank you for your understanding.

Your friends at Eventide

——————————————————————————————————————————————–

Update 11/30/2023

We have completed migrating our subscriptions to a new platform. Existing Gobbler customers should go to this page to and follow the instructions to migrate their existing Gobbler subscription(s) to the new platform. You’ll need to create a new account, import your existing subscription, and then sign up for a new “crossgrade” subscription.

So, my annual subscription just renewed in August. Basically I have 9 or 10 months left on my current subscription, what happens next or now?

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

Your licenses will be active for the remainder of the subscription period you’ve paid for. Once that is up, you’ll need to renew the subscription with us. Let me know if you have any other questions.

swagnerpac
      Participant

I would like to keep my Eventide subscription active. Please let me know what I need to do to transition the payments. swagnerpac@gmail.com. Thanks! Shawn.

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

We are working hard on a migration plan and will post back when we have an update on how to transition the payments. Your subscription will remain active through December 1, 2023, or the end date of your current subscription, whichever comes last. Thanks for your patience.

beefybanana
      Participant

I’ve just received an email from Gobbler saying my monthly subscription has ended due to them shutting down. I need to transition the subscription to continue work on several ongoing mixing projects for clients. Are you saying that the sub through Gobbler will continue until Dec 1st regardless while you work out the transition?

pmcculloch
        Eventide Staff

That is correct.  We have extended the life of those licenses through December 1st at no cost, so they should continue to work as normal.

It looks like your Ensemble license will run through December 16th, 2023.

purewhite504
      Participant

Hey, got a lot of projects to finish, How long before we can continue the subscription!?

pmcculloch
        Eventide Staff

If you were on a monthly subscription, you should be able to continue using it through December 1st, 2023 without needing to do anything.  If you were on an annual subscription, your license will remain valid for the remainder of the time left on it (or December 1st, 2023, whichever is longer).

jaytothedubz
      Participant

I was about to reactivate my subscription this morning without knowing anything about the Gobbler debacle.

Hope I can reactivate very soon.

jaytothedubz
        Participant

I’m happy to report the transition went exactly as described for me.

WIthin five minutes I had my subscription reactivated (I had paused in August) and a session open with all Eventide plugs working.

I don’t know the details but it seems like Gobbler gave insufficient notice for their shutdown and Eventide handled it as well as possible. I don’t have any billing complaints and I’m happy with how this was resolved. I just record myself at home so I don’t have the added pressure of clients; downtime is more stressful for others than for me… but I want to let the staff know they and the resolution are appreciated.  Totally satisfied here.

jwholloway
      Participant

Hello all. Any updates on this?

I can’t function without Eventide. I shudder to think of what happens to my various projects should they all at once be de-authorized.

Palomorado
      Participant

I’m traveling and need to work on a mix. My eventide subscription is tied to my desk top back home and i need to activate on a different machine here. This is a MAJOR problem and I hope it’s fixed soon.

cliftonhyde@gmail.com

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Hello all. Any updates on this? I can’t function without Eventide. I shudder to think of what happens to my various projects should they all at once be de-authorized.

We are actively working on the transition and should have an official update soon.

deathpoet
      Participant

Si I can’t subscribe Right now?

tlongabaugh
        Eventide Staff

At the moment it’s not possible to sign up for a subscription, but we are actively working on remedying this.

davidgluck
      Participant

Any news on the subscription availability front? I have about two weeks left on my subscription, will i be able to retain my presets?

tlongabaugh
        Eventide Staff

Yes, there will be an announcement regarding transitioning shortly.

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Hi all,

We have completed migrating our subscriptions to a new platform. Existing Gobbler customers should go to this page to and follow the instructions to migrate their existing Gobbler subscription(s) to the new platform. You’ll need to create a new account, import your existing subscription, and then sign up for a new “crossgrade” subscription.

MrSoulMine
      Participant

I have been an Eventide subscriber paying 14.99 a month for several years. I receive a notice a month or so ago stating Eventide and Gobbler are parting ways. Today I get an email stating I should migrate my account with a new subscription and now pay is $29.95 a month. WTF! Double the subscription price with no warning or reason for the increase.  Not happy! Please explain to me why I should continue with my subscription with a double the price increase.

T.

purewhite504
      Participant

Why should we pay more? It doesn’t make any sense you chose a platform that failed so now you want to increase the price double.

i’m a US disabled veteran, which happens to love music and I loved using your plug-ins.
      thank you for your service!

Palomorado
      Participant

100% price increase?

This is completely crazy and TERRIBLE business on your part.

At the very least we should be able to apply our past subscription fees to the entire bundle and pay the difference for owning in perpetuity.

i am now going to spend the next ten days going through countless sessions and bouncing down every track using Eventide plugins so I don’t lose old sessions.

this is absurd and you will deservedly lose many loyal customers unless you right this ship

Hate to say it, but I’ve been using Eventide hardware since 1983, and the software pack since 2016 paying $19.99 a month. Now that’s quite the deal, but making it 50% more is a deal breaker, and sounds like a money grab. My subscription goes til August 2024 per your answer to me above, then I’ll think long and hard about renewing. Don’t want to leave but just might have to. Just my current feeling.

beefybanana
      Participant

Double the price?? Really? After being a loyal subscriber for years, this feels like a horrible way to treat your users. I’m now looking at replacing the Eventide plugins in my templates/current mixes and letting the sub end.

jwholloway
      Participant

And the Federal Reserve claims that price pressures are “easing.”  Oooh, the Core Personal Consumption Expenditures index (which excludes food and energy costs) declined to 2.3% from 2.4%! Inflation has been tamed!  America, F yeah!

I’m not gonna complain because every company in the America  is having to deal with the toxic consequences of the trillion-dollar money printings by the criminals, incompetents and sociopaths in the Imperial Capital. I would assume that Eventide, like every other small enterprise out there, is having to deal with any number of headaches: wage pressures, component costs, supply chain, etc. In Texas, where I live, a friend of mine with a machine/fab shop calls it the “inflation tax” and even with modest price hikes he’s barely able to break even. It’s small businesses like Eventide that get soaked the worst by this crap, and I’m genuinely sorry.

I don’t really regard this as Eventide gouging customers, but just another example of the failure of the American fiat money system.

So I’ll pay it because I genuinely believe that Eventide’s plugs are the absolute best out there.

nsanchez
      Eventide Staff

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused by the exclusion of certain price discounts related to previous promotions. This oversight was unintentional. Gobbler shut down abruptly, and did not provide us with all of the necessary information, leading to this blindspot.

We are actively working to rectify this situation as soon as possible. Your satisfaction is our priority, and we appreciate your understanding as we address and resolve this matter.

MrSoulMine
      Participant

We are actively working to rectify this situation as soon as possible. Your satisfaction is our priority, and we appreciate your understanding as we address and resolve this matter

Does this mean that our previous Gobbler subscription pricing will be honored? And if so, how do we move forward without service interruption?

Thank you for your response.

T.

nsanchez
      Eventide Staff

We are actively working to rectify this situation as soon as possible. Your satisfaction is our priority, and we appreciate your understanding as we address and resolve this matter Does this mean that our previous Gobbler subscription pricing will be honored? And if so, how do we move forward without service interruption? Thank you for your response. T.

Certainly, we will honor your Gobbler subscription price. We are currently in the process of promptly implementing this adjustment on our portal to prevent any interruptions. You can expect a notification email as soon as the update is ready.

Please note that all subscriptions have a 7 day grade period. If your subscription expires today, you still have 7 days to complete the transition.

Palomorado
      Participant

I had to re-up at the new rate to make sure this project was completed – now that you say you are honoring the old pricing how will you adjust that on my account?

nsanchez
        Eventide Staff

We will look into this for you once we finalize the legacy discounts.

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Hi folks,

Just an update for transparency:

We are nearly wrapped adding support for migrating legacy discounts. We will make an announcement early next week. As a reminder, all existing Gobbler subscriptions have a 7 day grace period. So if your subscription expires today, you still have 7 days to complete the transition.

We’re truly sorry for the hassle this has caused. Our intention is to keep everyone satisfied, and using our plugins at the price point they were before.

beefybanana
        Participant

Thanks for rectifying this and sticking to the price that people signed up at, it’s appreciated. I’ll look forward to re-subscribing once the legacy pricing is active.

beefybanana
      Participant

I’ve just received the email with promo code to retain pricing, but I’m afraid it’s not working. I’m just getting a ‘promo code not valid’ error. Copied exactly as it is in the email.

tlongabaugh
        Eventide Staff

Hi, sorry about that. Can you please try again and let us know if it succeeds?

beefybanana
        Participant

Yes, that’s worked now! Thanks for that, I’ve just re-subscribed..

tlongabaugh
        Eventide Staff

Fantastic! Sorry for the hiccups along the way.

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Hello all,

Customers who had special promo pricing have been contacted with instructions on how to migrate and maintain their previous promotional pricing. If you didn’t receive an email, please check your junk mail, and contact support@eventide.com if you still experience issues.

MrSoulMine
      Participant

Thank you Eventide for applying my legacy pricing to my Ensemble subscription. I have resubscribed. I am a happy satisfied customer. Your a stand up company with increadible products and plugins.

Salute!

Tony C.
      Soul Mine Music Company

Palomorado
      Participant

I just checked my subscription and it is still set at $29.99 a month.

When will I get the original price implemented on my account?

tlongabaugh
        Eventide Staff

Hi, please email suppport@eventide.com and we will assist you there. Please include the email you signed up for the subscription with in your message.

Viewing 26 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.