gtr 4000 display issue

Home Forums Products Rackmount gtr 4000 display issue

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Soulheal
      I recently purchased a used GTR 4000. I am having some issues with the display. The right side of the display is poorly lit and only clearly visible when viewed from directly in front of that side. The display also seems to pulse in brightness after being on for a while.

Is there something that I can do to repair this issue or do I have to send it to Eventide for $300.00 plus shipping.

Thanks,

Will Webster
      nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Bad news, I'm afraid. It sounds like you have a problem with the CCFL backlight for the display, which is not repairable.

Worse news – these displays have not been made for many many years and we have exhausted our stocks, so it is likely that it cannot be replaced.

Note that a GTR4000 may be 10-15 years old at this time, so support options are limited.

Soulheal

I have read on another post that it is possible to replace the CCFL with a custom made one from a factory. The display is still legible at this point, so I hope I won't have to take it apart any time too soon. But I will let you know how it goes when it absolutely has to be replaced.

Thanks

Will

Soulheal

Some new info re: my GTR400 display.

The screen is visible and a shaded brigthness, and when i push down on the screen, it brightens up to its normal setting.

Does this mean that the backlight can be adjusted to brighten normally?

Thanks,

Will

nickrose
        Eventide Staff
        soulheal wrote:

Does this mean that the backlight can be adjusted to brighten normally?

Don't know without looking t it, but you may just have a bad connection…

Soulheal

Can I check the connection by opening it up? Is it reasonably accessable?

nickrose
        Eventide Staff
        soulheal wrote:

Can I check the connection by opening it up? Is it reasonably accessable?

This really depends upon your skill level, especially as there are high voltages involved. My guess is that if you have to ask, you probaly should not.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.