Guide for loading sysex presets onto Eclipse?

Home Forums Products Rackmount Guide for loading sysex presets onto Eclipse?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      jjs01
      Participant

I’m trying to load some sysex presets onto my Eclipse. I’m using this SD card:

When I plug it in, it says “Updating Program Files”, I don’t get any error message or anything. However when I upload a sysex file using midiox, I can only seem to access it by pressing “Hot Keys” and it lists the preset at 701. And it’s only the most recent one I’ve uploaded that I have access to. If I trying to manually entering 701 or scrolling to that preset it’s not there. I’ve tried both FAT and FAT32 cards so I’m assuming I just don’t know what I’m doing.

Is there any guide out there that runs you through how properly load multiple sysex files onto my SD card? Thank you.

jjs01
      Participant

Oh yeah forgot to mention, I’ve also tried formatting within the Eclipse, and loading all the files onto that disk from the PC – then inserting the card. Still can’t access all the presets.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

The card looks suitable. You should use FAT for Eclipse OS before 4.0

I would suggest that you load files onto the card from the Eclipse, otherwise it's hard to know if they are being put on the card correctly.

The card is intended for loaing and saving to/from the Eclipse – it's not intended as a file transfer medium.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sorry – I'm not sure what your Sysex files are.

The only files that Eclipse supports are those that it generates.

To create a card, you could have Eclipse copy files to it. Having done that, you could copy the card to create a backup, for example.

Eventide can offer no support for user created cards or files – it's just too difficult.

jjs01
      Participant
      nickrose wrote:

The card looks suitable. You should use FAT for Eclipse OS before 4.0

I would suggest that you load files onto the card from the Eclipse, otherwise it’s hard to know if they are being put on the card correctly.

The card is intended for loaing and saving to/from the Eclipse – it’s not intended as a file transfer medium.

Ah okay, I understand. Well I’m just a bit stumped on what the process is to load the sysex files onto the Eclipse and then onto the card. When I send the sysex file using midiox, the Eclipse shows the preset but doesn’t let me access it. I’m asumming the usb to midi cable I’m using is good since the Eclipse is showing the preset, and I was also successfully able to load a bunch of presets into my PCM81 as well.

I was looking to find some kind of guide that shows me from start to finish how to properly import these files onto the eclipse, and then onto the memory card. Thank you.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.