Guitar string bend with H7600 diatonic harmonizer not working

Home Forums Products Rackmount Guitar string bend with H7600 diatonic harmonizer not working

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      wedelich
      Eventide Staff
      j20056 wrote:
      I really like the Diatonic Shifter preset, and use it successfully in 3rds in various scales and modes. However, it doesn't seem to have any ability to handle string bends. For example, if I do a half step bend, the 3rd note generated by the patch stays "flat" and doesn't follow the bend until I have reached the half step, or even full step, at which points it shifts by a whole half step. I assume this is because the algorithm breaks the frequency spectrum into discrete bands and only checks which band a given note is instead of doing so but then applying the correct frequency shift ratio to the bent note. I'm sure the algorithm is slightly more complex but not really. Is there a better H7600 patch that can do that or too complex?

Depending on which preset you're using (which one btw?) there should be a quantization control under the CAL tab. Turning this down to 0% should allow for string bends.  Let us know if that doesn't work for you.   

J20056
      Participant

I really like the Diatonic Shifter preset, and use it successfully in 3rds in various scales and modes. However, it doesn’t seem to have any ability to handle string bends. For example, if I do a half step bend, the 3rd note generated by the patch stays “flat” and doesn’t follow the bend until I have reached the half step, or even full step, at which points it shifts by a whole half step. I assume this is because the algorithm breaks the frequency spectrum into discrete bands and only checks which band a given note is instead of doing so but then applying the correct frequency shift ratio to the bent note.
      I’m sure the algorithm is slightly more complex but not really.
      Is there a better H7600 patch that can do that or too complex?

J20056
      Participant

Thanks it worked perfectly. I use DiatonicShift.

So now I have to ask, what does the quantize parameter do, and do I lose quality or else? It sounds great, so I’m happy but just curious.

wedelich
        Eventide Staff
        J20056 wrote:

Thanks it worked perfectly. I use DiatonicShift.

So now I have to ask, what does the quantize parameter do, and do I lose quality or else? It sounds great, so I'm happy but just curious.

Glad that worked for you!  The quantize is basically just doing auto-tune.  It's forcing all the pitchshifting to increasingly hard quantize to the intervals deteremined by the key and scale.  

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.