Guitar tone changes with the eclipse

Home Forums Products Rackmount Guitar tone changes with the eclipse

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      ackcl

Hi all

I have already used the XLR to 1/4 cable method, however I found that there are significant tone changes when I use the eclipse in the effect loop of my Boogie and Suhr amps.  It sounds like there is a filter with some frequency missing.  I have tried several patches (e.g. Reverb8, Delay8Plex, LrgDelay8Plex, etc.), the problem still exists.  There is no such problem with other delay pedals.  Is there any wrong with my setting?  Any suggestion?

P.S. The global mix is about 40%, input and ouput gain are set to 0db.

Thanks

Lester

simeon
      Participant

change the global mix to 100% and make sure the fx loop on the amp is set to 100% wet also and see if it's any better. sounds like you're hearing a mix of the dry signal going around the loop and the dry signal passing through the eclipse

ackcl

Thanks. I will try it out!

Cheers

Lester

IDeangelis

If your amp(s) FX LOOP(s) are parallel type (check their manuals/support) then wet/dry mix on fx processors should always be set to 100% wet, otherwise you get two instances of dry sound that get "comb filtered", giving the tonal changes you report. On a serial FX LOOP you can set dry/wet as you like.

I

ackcl

Hi Italo

I know that the effect loops are serial one.

Can I obtain a better result with higher sampling rate on the Eclipse?  Thanks

Lester

IDeangelis

Hi Jacob

then you can use wet/dry mix as you like as there is no dry passing thru the loop (serial FX loop).

Sampling rates higher than 48KHz would not really do much better to a guitar played thru a gtr amp. Its speakers are bandwidth limited anyway. Filters and verbs, particularly loooong ones, benefit from higher sampling rates. A good thing to try out in a studio recording.

cheers

I

ackcl

Hi all

Just found that the issue is due to using a minimix from suhr which makes the serial loop becoming parallel.  All problem is solved now.  Thank you guys.

Cheers

Lester

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.