• Author
      ix studio

Hi

i turned on my h8000fw today after not using ita  few weeks and i get

error messages

config jumpers ln102 . ln103 invalid

check u106

and a very weird and unusable h8000.

Is it worth me trying to update to 5.5 ? or can you guys let me know what these erorrs mean and if i need to just bypass trying stuff and send it for repair ?

i am in the uk.

thanks for any advice.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

The check U106 message may be a clue. If you are technical, you could open the unit (power off) and wiggle any socketed parts (especially U106 – square chip in center of main board).

If you are not, or don't feel you should have to do this, you should take it to your local service centre – in the UK that would be HHB.

ix studio

Cheers nick , i lifted off the lid and checked all the leads and just gave them a little pressure and itss now powering on fine so i guess this was the issue ,  its been sat in the same position for 5 years so i ama  bit baffled as to what changed , i couldnt find any lose connectors so its really a subtle connection issue but  its cool right now so many thanks

matt

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sorry you had a problem, but glad it's now fixed. We've had a few problems with the socket for U106 – current production has the part soldered to the board.

Also, if you're so inclined, check that all the motherboard mounting screws are present and tight – if they are loose or missing the board can flex if the unit is moved, which can distort the socket.

Hardware is much harder than software …

lxs
      Participant

I've had the same issues and fixed it in the same manner Smile

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.