H3000 and Crystal Echoes

Home Forums Products Rackmount H3000 and Crystal Echoes

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      oddb0d

Does the H3000 come with the Crystal Echoes algorithm? The unit I am asking about is not the DSE or Ultra but just the H3000. How can you tell if it has the upgrade chip? If you have an H3000 without the upgrade chip / kit. Where do you get the upgrade for the H3000? Does Eventide still provide / sell them? How much do they normally go for? Any help would be appreciated.

oddb0d

Let me partly answer my own question…. Preset 163 the Reverse Shift Algorithm as found in the D/SX Conkit http://eventidestore.com/dsxconkit1.html – Is this hard to install? Could I do it myself or do you suggest a service center?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

These upgrade kits are plugin parts, so are pretty easy to install. The Sampling board is more difficult.

But be aware that this kits are essentially new old stock and we can offer little or no support for them.

Further, there are a number of parts in the H3000 which are entirely unavailable (this is why we stopped making them). As a result, problems can occur which cannot be fixed. You may want to consider this before investing too much in what is now vintage equipment.

oddb0d

Do these kits come with the sampling boards? Or is that something entirely different? How do I know if I need to change the sampling boards?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sorry – my fault for causing confusion. The kit you are after comprises plugin chips.

There is another upgrade that gives you a Sampling Board – it is completely different and entirely optional. It gives you up to 95 seconds of sampler memory. See http://eventidestore.com/hssabo.html. But it requires cuts to PC traces and is much more difficult.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.