H3000 Factory — False Advertising

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins H3000 Factory — False Advertising

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      frostgfx

Greetings:

Apparently Sweetwater.com and Eventide are conspiring to sell a plug-in that is not compatible with many DAWs on the Mac Platform… And they won't give a refund for the plug-in that doesn't work even though their marketing materials state that H3000 Factory is compatible with MAC & PC in AAX, AU and VST formats.

I can't for the life of me understand why such a popular company would not be keeping up with the current versions of DAWs. Wouldn't they want to support a leading DAW like Cubase or Nuendo? And what about the fact that their plug-in only works with much older versions of Cubase only on the PC platform???

Maybe UA/UAD will build a H3000 Plug-in on their platform of DSP cards and proven software plug-ins.

For the time being, Sweetwater.com has lost a customer and Eventide isn't going to get my $$$ either.

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Hi frostgfx,

I'm sorry you're having problems with H3000 Factory, but there is no conspiracy afoot.

There is a recently discovered problem with some of our plug-ins on some installs of Cubase 7.5 and Cubase 8 on Windows.  As far as I can tell, this doesn't happen on all installations of Cubase on Windows, but it does happen to all plug-ins built on the popular JUCE platform, including ours, and it has been determined that the problem is in Cubase, not JUCE.  Steinberg is aware of the problem and has promised that the next releases of Cubase 8 and 7.5 (as well as the next release of Nuendo) should fix it.  This information is publicly available, though perhaps difficult to find.

It does appear that this maintenance release for Cubase is scheduled to ship in March.

http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=226&t=75500

I realize that this doesn't solve your problem, and I'm sorry for that.  I believe you have been in touch with Jerome, but if not, please contact support@eventide.com and we will try to help you any way we can.

If you're curious, here is a forum post detailing the bug itself.

http://www.juce.com/forum/topic/plug-ins-using-juce-bring-down-cubase-8

Sorry,

Dan

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

This is just an update to confirm that Cubase 8.0.10 has been released and H3000 Factory 2.1.1 and 2.5.x (The new version) both work well in it.

lordward
      Participant

H3000 is crashing Cubase 8.0.20.  Actually it’s not crashing but when I have a semi-large project going the plugin works but if I close the project and open it again Cubase will crash.  I’ve tried with restarts, cold starts but always the same issue.  All that works is to remove the H3000 from the plugins folder, open the project again, then remove the h3000 from the insert.  Then, if I need to use the plugin, I have to put the plugin dll back into the plugin folder, start again, then re-insert the plugin.  Of course the next time I start the project it will crash again.  This is lame.

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Hi lordward-

Sorry to hear that you are having problems with H3000 crashing in Cubase. Could you let us know what version of H3000 (found by hovering your mouse over the plug-in title near the top right corner) and OS you are using, so we can try and reproduce the issue?

Thanks,

Tom

lordward
      Participant
      Hi Tom,

I’m using version 2.5 and Cubase on Windows.  It also was happening with 

the previous version, I had just recently updated hoping the issue would 

go away.

It only happens when I’m using a few plugins and VSTi’s.  On a smaller 

project all is ok.  I’m using about 60% of UAD plugs on a Duo card, some 

various Slate plugins as well as SSL Duende plugins and some internal 

Cubase plugins.  My DSP meter shows me at barely 20% on an i7 2.8 ghz so 

I’m really not straining anything.

Hope this can be worked out!

Thanks for your attention.

All the best,

DW

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Hi lordward-

Which version of Windows are you using? And approximately how many tracks and plug-ins do you have running before this crash occurs?

Thanks,

Tom

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Lordward-

I'm going to reach out to you via email about the issue.

Daveostreet
      Participant

I just purchased the H3000 Factory today and VST plugin hangs my Sonar X1 when scanning the “H3000 Factory.dll” file Ive tried both x32 and x64 versions, Im on Windows 10, my platform is very stable. if someone can point me where in the Forum I can find an answer, I sent a email to support already.

Thanks

tlongabaugh
        Eventide Staff
        Daveostreet wrote:

I just purchased the H3000 Factory today and VST plugin hangs my Sonar X1 when scanning the "H3000 Factory.dll" file Ive tried both x32 and x64 versions, Im on Windows 10, my platform is very stable. if someone can point me where in the Forum I can find an answer, I sent a email to support already.

Thanks

If you've sent an email to support, we'll get you sorted there. The usual steps to resolve this are:

1. Confirm that you have the latest version of the plug-in installed: https://www.eventideaudio.com/products/plugins
        2. Confirm that you have the latest version of iLok License Manager installed (http://www.ilok.com).
        3. Make sure the plug-in license is activated to your machine or iLok dongle in the iLok License Manager.
        4. If you are using VST2, Eventide Plug-ins are installed to the following locations by default. Please make sure that your DAW is set to look at the applicable custom folder:
          1. VST32: c:Program Files (x86)Common FilesSteinbergVST2Eventide
          2. VST64: c:Program FilesCommon FilesSteinbergVST2Eventide

5. If steps 1-4 don't solve your issue, close your DAW and run the plug-in Uninstaller. The uninstaller is located at Start Menu->Control Panel->Programs and Features->Uninstall a Program
        6. Open your DAW and rescan you plug-ins, and then shut your DAW again.
        7. Deactivate and reactivate the plug-in license in iLok License Manager.
        8. Reinstall your plug-in. If you are installing VST2 to a custom folder, make absolutely sure you are installing the correct 32 or 64-bit version to that folder.
        9. Reopen your DAW and rescan your plug-ins.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.