H3000 Sampler Board HS395 Installation

Home Forums Products Rackmount H3000 Sampler Board HS395 Installation

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      DSP4000

Hi,

Does anybody have any experience with installing the sampler board in the H3000?

I have scored a sampler board, but no mounting hardware or installation instructions. I have the H3500 Roms, so there's no issues with the OS or sampler algorithms.

I haven't directly asked Eventide about the instructions or mounting hardware yet, as I thought I'd try and find out as much as I could first before hassling them.

Cheers

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Not a small thing, I'm afraid – may well require hardware mods to the motherboard.  Also, since this is now so old, there is little information we could give, even after hassling. Hopefully someone out there has the original installation instructions they can pass onto you (we don't).

DSP4000

That is very disappointing.

Just one question – what instructions do you get with the HS395 sampler board that appears to be available in the Store?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

You are way ahead of me – I didn't even know it was still listed. We have a few dusty boxes on the shelf, but they are sealed, so it is hard to know what is inside them. Don't think we are going to want to open them at this time.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

You're in luck – I found an open one. Send a mailing address marked for my attention at support@eventide.com, and I'll get it off to you. Sorry, no electronic version.

But, before you start, be aware that this is a difficult modification, and if you get any problems, we won't be able to help indirectly – you would have to send it in for service.

AdamIEcho
      Participant

I have acquired a 90 second Sampler Board from a parted out H3500B-DFX.

I would like to install it on my maxed-out H3000SE (All eproms installed, cut and jumps completed).

Can someone provide me with an installation guide?

From what I can tell from seeing an H3500-DFX motherboard, there are 3 cuts, 8 jumps and the installation of a 40 pin male ribbon cable socket that my unit doesn’t have.

Anyone with experience willing to contribute, your assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

-Adam.

analogwizard
      Participant

Hi

I would like to do the reverse and kick out the sampling board from a H3000 that is presently not runing 🙁

I have all the schematic of the H3000 but not the additional schematic for the studio sampler board.

I can see the modification but would like to check with original docs for building it back as far as neccessary.

Hope anyone can share the Sampler installation docs. I can provide pictures of the mods if that is helpfull or copies

of the presently installed eproms.

analogwizard

AdamIEcho
      Participant

I’ve got everything you need -see if it’s uploaded correctly.

Breathe, work slowly and patiently, and you’ll get it done -This is where information becomes knowledge.

Good luck to you.

-Adam.

analogwizard
      Participant

Hi Adam

got it thx, greate help 🙂

AdamIEcho
      Participant

I know what it’s like -Glad to help.

-Adam.

noodle1
      Participant

Can someone re-upload the sampler installation guide?  The documents were wiped when the forum was changed/updated recently…

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.