H3000 UltraHarmonizer patch battery backup

Home Forums Products Rackmount H3000 UltraHarmonizer patch battery backup

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      pdman

Does the H3000 use a battery to hold the patches and presets? If so does anyone have the battery info? Service manual and owner's manual make no battery mention. But usually gear from this era always had battery backup. Any help appreciated.

Thanks

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

It uses a special memory chip with a built-in battery. Since these batteries usually last about 10 years, they will probably need changing by now.

This chip is listed in the Eventide Store:

http://www.eventidestore.com/remeforh3se.html

pdman

Wow kind of  a steep price. Does Mouser, Digi-key, etc carry the Ram?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sorry – don't know.

pdman

Do you have a Manufacturer and part number?

Thanks

glennfin

Just look at the number on the old device. I work as a bench tech and replace these all the time, a common component used in all kinds of products. I have a 3000 but it's in a rack and not accessable. I believe the device in question is a "NOVRAM" Not sure of your level of experience but it's usually socketed, either a 24 or 28 pin DIP device.

Wish I had a service manual for my 3000 so I could be of more help.

pdman

it's a future repair from a customer so I don't have the H3000 here in front of me.

I have a pdf of the Service  Manual. I can email it to you.

glennfin

Thanks PDman.. I appreciate that…..   send to   glennfin@triad.rr.com

One more thing I wanted to mention. Hopefully, the NOVRAM only contains the user preset data in which case you should be able to drop in a replacement. If there is code in there besides the preset data, you'll have read the old device into a programmer, then program that code into the new replacement device. You may know this already judging by your comment about the .bin file.

Thanks.

Glenn

glennfin

Hmmmmmmmmm P.M. doesn't seem to be activated… 

you can reach me directly through my website;

http://www.glennfin.com

ultraviolet
      Hello, 

My name is Marcus, and I live in Brazil. Sorry my english, but I will try to be as clear as possible. 

I have a Ultra Hamonizer H3000 SE and he is presenting a problem. When I call him my guitar sound is clean, without the effects and when I press the button to activate a chosen effect, continues to have the clean sound without effect. 

According to information from a technician in my town, he said it is an issue of CI. 

Please help me. 

Thank you.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sorry Marcus – we don't  support H3000's on this forum – they are too old  (usually 20-25 years).

I would suggest you talk to your technician and see what he means by CI. Otherwise you can send it to us for repair, but that may prove too expensive.

taco7777

Hey Marcus, I have written Eventide to get the old code for these great effect units. I can program the NVRAM chip and the other ones if I can get the code from Eventide. I will let you know. The NVRAM stores presets I believe but like someone mentioned there might be code to allow access to the chip. Let me know if you are still having this problem. Ben

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.