H3000D/SX to guitar rig

Home Forums Products Rackmount H3000D/SX to guitar rig

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Haruthunian

Greetings, all

I’m looking for some advice as to best manner to connect my newly acquired H3000D/SX to my amp’s effects loop.  I’ve purchased a Rane SM26B to serve for mixing purposes, and ordered two 1/4 TRS to Male XLR cables and two 1/4 TRS to Female XLR cables. Oddly, these cables also appear to be grounded to a 4th prong at 12 o’clock (haven’t seen this before). So, ultimately….

Will these cables work, or do I need to buy XLR to unbalanced/TS cables? 

If the current cables are sufficient, do I simply need to swap the pin 2 and 3 cables? 

If this is the only processor that i’ll be running, do I even need to swap the cable – or will phase inversion still be an issue? 

Ultimately want to make sure I do things correctly and not damage either the processor or my other gear. 

Thanks!

cc51503

Hope I can help. I have a dsx running in the loop of my peavey 5150II head with great results. My loop is -10db so I had to switch out two jumpers in the unit to change it from line level to -10db this will depend on your amps loop.. As far as the cables just use three pin xlr to unbalanced 1/4. Rewire pin three as the hot pin and pin two as cold …..swap the two in other words….and thats it. Mine sounds excellent……gets a strong input signal as it should.

Haruthunian
        cc51503 wrote:
        Hope I can help. I have a dsx running in the loop of my peavey 5150II head with great results. My loop is -10db so I had to switch out two jumpers in the unit to change it from line level to -10db this will depend on your amps loop.. As far as the cables just use three pin xlr to unbalanced 1/4. Rewire pin three as the hot pin and pin two as cold …..swap the two in other words….and thats it. Mine sounds excellent……gets a strong input signal as it should.

Greatly appreciate your response, thank you! I was indeed able to get things operating correctly.  I ended up getting 4 XLR to TRS (2 females/2 males), rewired pins 2 and 3 and have it running it through my amp effectively through a Rane SM26B.  Very pleased with the results.  

Thank you again for your time and response! 

TensionR
        cc51503 wrote:

Hi. I sure hope you get this message all these years later.:D

It seems like what you did, is going from 6 wires from the two xlr outputs to 4 on the TS side. Am I right?

I am guessing you did that on the input side also. Is that couple in the picture a stereo one? I’m trying to rig up a cable like yours. Want to make sure I don’t screw up anything.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.