H7600 guitar rig one side working only

Home Forums Products Rackmount H7600 guitar rig one side working only

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      micro512

Hi all Im new to the Eventide family. I just purchased a h7600 to use in my live rig and cant seem to get both sides working no matter what I try. So here is a little about my rig to give you an idea of what I am trying to do.

Guitar–> lehleh p split

signal 1–> rjm effects gizmo1  through some pedals and racks–> Fender Twin

signal 2–>rjm effects gizmo2  through some more pedals and racks–>Fender Deville

So I would like to run one side of the 7600 into the twin set up and the other side into the deville set up so I can choose to use either side or both (stereo??).

The effects gizmos both have stereo capable ins/outs which accept trs jacks. Neither amp has an effects loop.

What is the best way of going about this and what leads would you suggest?

P.s. I have read the threads and tried the unbalancing thing suggested in the manual.

Thank you so much for your time in advance.

Con

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Not quite sure I understand – the 7600 is a single effect box, so I don't know what you mean by "one side."

Some of the effects are stereo or dual mono, so in these cases you could treat it as two sides, but this only applies to these specific effects.

micro512

Hi Nick

Thanks for the prompt reply. Here is how my signal chain runs at the moment:
      guitar–> Lehleh P split (each signal runs into a seperate RJM Effects Gizmo and into seperate amps).
      Signal 1. into buffered input of RJM Effects gizmo: loop1- compressor loop2- boost loop3- ts9 loop4- rat loop5-Korg sdd3000 pre amp only loop6- tc d two delay loop7- tc 2290 delay loop8- Eventide H7600 input1 and output1 connected to switcher via xlr to 1/4" jacks. Xlr's have been unbalanced and using Canare gs6 cable and neutrick mono plugs. loop9- Boss rv3 reverb– This goes to Fender Twin Amp.
      Signal 2. into buffered input of RJM Effects gizmo: loop1- ernie ball volume pedal loop2- Digitech ips 33b loop3- tc2290(right side output) loop4-Evenetide H7600 input2 and output2 connected to switcher via xlr to 1/4" jacks. Xlr's have been unbalanced and using Canare gs6 cable and neutrick mono plugs loop5- Korg A3– this goes to Fender Deville.
      The patches I have been trying to use in Stereo(both amps) are: Waves place, Wormhole(AMAZING by the way very coldplay lovers in japan), crystal pad2 and various ambient delays etc…. Just wanting to get sound coming out of both amps am I doing something wrong?

When I engage the loop for the deville there is sound and looks like the metre for input 1 and metre for both ouputs are working. When I then engage the loop for the twin both input metres and output metres are working but the twin is dead no sound and it seems as though the deville gets slightly louder. Really just wanting to get sound coming out of both amps or am I looking at this in the completely wrong way???

Kindest Regards,

Con Vailas

micro512
      Thanks for the prompt reply. Here is how my signal chain runs at the moment:
      guitar–> Lehleh P split (each signal runs into a seperate RJM Effects Gizmo and into seperate amps).
      Signal 1. into buffered input of RJM Effects gizmo: loop1- compressor loop2- boost loop3- ts9 loop4- rat loop5-Korg sdd3000 pre amp only loop6- tc d two delay loop7- tc 2290 delay loop8- Eventide H7600 input1 and output1 connected to switcher via xlr to 1/4" jacks. Xlr's have been unbalanced and using Canare gs6 cable and neutrick mono plugs. loop9- Boss rv3 reverb– This goes to Fender Twin Amp.
      Signal 2. into buffered input of RJM Effects gizmo: loop1- ernie ball volume pedal loop2- Digitech ips 33b loop3- tc2290(right side output) loop4-Evenetide H7600 input2 and output2 connected to switcher via xlr to 1/4" jacks. Xlr's have been unbalanced and using Canare gs6 cable and neutrick mono plugs loop5- Korg A3– this goes to Fender Deville.
      The patches I have been trying to use in Stereo(both amps) are: Waves place, Wormhole(AMAZING by the way very coldplay lovers in japan), crystal pad2 and various ambient delays etc…. Just wanting to get sound coming out of both amps am I doing something wrong?

When the deville loop is engaged (input/ouput2) there is sound and both ouput metres are working only input metre1 is working. When I then engage the twin loop (input1/output1) the twin is dead deville still working now both input and ouput meres are working.

I really just want to get sound coming out of both amps or am looking at this in the completely wrong way???

Kindest Regards,
      Con Vailas

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

It sounds like you have a rather complex setup which will be beyond our ability to diagnose remotely – you need to get a suitable tech guy to have a look at it.The problem could lie almost anywhere.

tomo88
      Participant

Con,

The best way to troubleshoot these kinds of issues is to simplyfy the signal chain.  It sounds like you are getting input to your Eventide, so the next step would be to see if you are getting output.  I presume that you are taking two mono outputs out of the Eventide.  Start bu running those outputs into your two amps and verify that you are getting sound at each.  If you are not, then we need to look at how the Eventide is set up.  If you are getting sound, then it is something else in your signal chain (after the Eventide) that is the problem.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.