H7600: Heavy Static Sound

Home Forums Products Rackmount H7600: Heavy Static Sound

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      swstaff
      Participant

I have an Eventide H7600 [Software Version 5.51B1] and it recently began having problems on start-up. I purchased the unit new and have owned it for about a year. The error message read as follows:
      Problems found during startup

See SETUP/info for details
      Press any key to continue 
      The SETUP Information contained the following message:
      Problem in Internal Ram – bad checksum

After following instructions found in the "Knowledge Base, it appears as if the "bad checksum" problem has resolved, at least to the extent that a message is not presented on start-up. However, the "bad checksum" issue was accompanied by a new, heavy "static sound",  very similar to what a heavy windstorm would sound like; and, this serious issue continues. The static sound is very prominent. I don't know if the two issues are related or if their association was coincidental. The unit was otherwise working fine prior to this recent episode.  

If you have any thoughts on the best way to resolve this issue and any explanation as to why this may be occurring, they would be sincerely appreciated. I have checked/replaced cables and tested the H7600 with another amplifier: the problem remains.

Thank you for your help.
      Respectfully: Scott

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

It sounds like you have resolved your bad checksum problem. However, the bad checksum indicates some internal corruption, which may or may not be causing your static.

I would try a CLEAR SETUP (hold down SETUP key on startup at second start screen. If this does not do it, try a "Clear internal programs and setup" (UM p.79).  If this does not do it, check all your cables and connections very carefully. If this fails it will need to beck looked at: support@eventide.com.

swstaff
      Participant

Thank you for your help. I followed your instructions and it appears at this time that the heavy static issue has been resolved. I genuinely appreciate your support and assistance: thank you.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Glad you have it working. It is possible that this is a symptom of a bad internal battery – if it happens again you will want to change it – but, they usually last about 10 years.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.