H7600 Line Level Input Synthesis

Home Forums Products Rackmount H7600 Line Level Input Synthesis

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      unphased

Hi,

I am learning how to create new programs with my H7600. After finding the programming manual online, and reading page 64 and beyond, I have a basic understanding of how to route a few modules. However, I am still a little fuzzy on the details on how to use some of the patch editor modules.

My goal is to create a program that allows me to take a line level/guitar/instrument and pitch track the note(s) played (I assume only monophonic is possible), and synthesize it into square, triangle, saw, waves, with the option of a wet/dry blend. It seems that the pitchdetect, envelope, and multishift are the basic building blocks that I would need, but I’m not sure. I’m not looking for a sequencer/arpeggiator, just solid fat synth.

Has anyone tried line level instrument synthesis before? Any tips?

unphased

I hate to come off desperate for a reply, but I am. After hours and hours of doing little more than obvious possibilities such as creating a delay program, I can’t seem to create something truly interesting. Is there a basic tutorial, or book or anything on how to connect modules besides the vsig manual? I’m willing to read anything that might help, a 400 page digital signal processing novel, for example. Not to be dramatic, but my harmonizer is making me feel pretty stupid trying to figure out how to connect modules in a useful manner.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Algorithm creation is something of an expert-level task, so we have little basic information. If you haven't already, try the following:

Programming Manual for Harmonizers

https://www.eventideaudio.com/downloader/1007

Omnipressor: Anatomy of a Preset

https://www.eventideaudio.com/downloader/7340

Once you have moved on from these, try picking a few factory presets that look useful, and take them apart and see how they work.

Your synthesizer should be do-able, with PITCHDETECT, OSCILLATOR and MIXER. But, the skill will be in making it playable.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.