H7600 Self Contained Looper & FX

Home Forums Products Rackmount H7600 Self Contained Looper & FX

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Mr_Clean

Hello All, I am planning on upgrading to a 7600 from my Eclipse Rig. Currenty use a EHX 2880 Looper at the end of my signal chain to create loops from my Eclipse & TF/ MF etc. I want repalce this rig with a 7600. So question is, is it possible to create fx treatments and or MIDI racks that feed into a looper alg within the 7600 ? Therefor allowing fx treatments feeding a looper setup with the 7600.

Any help appreciated, thanks

IDeangelis

Hi Mr_Clean

you can do what you describe on an H7600. This is possible within the DSP power resources, though. For example the 7600 MIDI Virtual Racks presets are huge presets you can't add anything else to….so in this case an H8000Fw would help.

all the best

I

Mr_Clean

Hi, can a midi rack contain a looper at the end of the chain ? Also, if I read your mail correctly, only 1 midi rack can run at any 1 time – i.e you cannot have a midi rack and another alg (reverb, delay looper etc) on another processor within the unit? Is this why you recommend the H8000 ? thanks

IDeangelis

Yes, a MIDI VirtRack can have a looper but very likely you'll have to take some effect off and add the looper, at least in the factory presets.

The H7600 is a single processor unit, whereas the H8000FW is a dual processor. It can run 2 presets at the same time OR a single monster one in monolithic mode (the 2 DSPs merge together into a single one).

The H8000FW is more than 2 H7600s and the difference in price, compared to the big difference in performance, makes the 8000 way more convenient.

The reason why I'm advicing the H8000 is because you get:

-more than double power of an H7600

-4 analog I/O + dozens of digital I/Os in different formats

-infinite routing possibilities between inputs/outputs and DSPs I/Os, something that unwraps amazing musical possibilities.

best

I

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.